We're Doing it Again! Spring Cruise and Clay Pigeon Shoot!

Clay birds are the focus here

We're Doing it Again! Spring Cruise and Clay Pigeon Shoot!

Postby RobertNashville » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 pm

The Second Annual Spring Cruise and (clay) Pigeon Shoot!
Sponsored by the Middle Tennessee Z Club with much appreciated help from the Montgomery Shooting Complex!

CARS, FOOD, FRIENDS & SHOTGUNS; Enough Said!

Calling all certified car nuts who also love things that go bang - we are doing it again this year (weather permitting of course); not only is it back by popular demand but I didn't win best shooter of the day last year and I need another chance.

I'm ready for spring and I'll bet you are too - this is a perfect excuse to get your baby out of the garage and your other baby out of the safe and have some fun with both (yes, this is being put together by the Middle Tennessee Z Club; representing all generations of the Datsun/Nissan Z sports car, but if you love cars and driving and enjoy the camaraderie of some friendly competitive shooting this is an event you’ll enjoy).

Whether you are an experienced clay target shooter or have never shot a shotgun and whether you are a guy or a gal, you can have a lot of fun at this event – no one needs to feel “left out” and there will be some basic instruction for those who are totally new to the world of clay pigeon shooting.

Of course, you can bring your own shotgun but for those who need it, appropriate shotguns will be available for loan; ammunition and other items available for sale.

WHEN: Saturday, April 23, 2010

WHERE: Montgomery County Shooting Complex

TIME/SCHEDULE: We'll meet sometime around 9AM - meeting location and definite time will be posted soon. We'll meet somewhere on the NW side of Nashville to travel some incredible (fun) back roads to the complex and we should be done by mid-afternoon(around 3PM).

Trophies will be awarded for “Best Shooter” of the day. "Runner Up Best Shooter" of the day and a special award for for “Least Threatening to Clay Pigeons” (all based on hit/miss count).

COSTS: (these are approximate and subject to change)

* Range fee: $5.50
* Fee per Round of American Skeet: $5.00 (we’ll likely get in three rounds)
* Ammunition: You’ll need one box of 25 rounds per round of skeet; they sell on site for $7.00/box or, of course, you can bring your own.
* Gun Rental: NO CHARGE! The complex is COMPING our gun rental (usually $20/gun) for those who need one.

Assuming three rounds of skeet total cost will be approximately $42.00

PLEASE RSVP!
We must have a headcount so the complex can properly prepare for us (and there is a maximum number of shooters that the complex can handle) so please RSVP with your name and telephone number to Bob Armentrout either by email at RBArmentrout1954@hotmail.com or by PM here.

WEATHER:
Hopefully, we'll have a perfect spring day but should the weather not cooperate we will cancel (another reason why to RSVP so the we can update you with any late changes!).

Check back here for more updates as they become available and please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!

*** CELL PHONES FOR SOLDIERS ***
We will be collecting your old cell phones to donate to Cell Phones For Soldiers - follow the link to learn more about this incredible group and a very easy way to support our men and women serving our country.
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: We're Doing it Again! Spring Cruise and Clay Pigeon Shoot!

Postby RobertNashville » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Here is the planned route along with some other info:

For Breakfast:
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (just off I40)
6941 Charlotte Pike
Nashville, TN 37209

There are a couple of other restaurants around including a Waffle House across the street just a few yards from the actual starting point for our cruise to the shooting complex. If you want to eat breakfast, I’d suggest being there no later than 08:30AM. Plan to be at our start point by 9:45AM so that we can leave promptly at 10:00AM. To negate making a left hand turn out of the Cracker Barrel parking lot (Charlotte Pike is a very busy street), our meeting place will actually be a short side street immediately across the street.

Starting Point to Montgomery County Shooting Complex:

ODOM / Instruction/Description
00.0 Turn RIGHT onto Charlotte Pike
00.3 At the stop light/intersection, bear RIGHT onto River Road
01.7 Bear slight RIGHT onto River Road Pike (TN 251)
16.7 At stop, turn LEFT onto TN 49
24.0 Turn RIGHT only Old Lock Road (top of the hill)
27.8 Bear LEFT
28.2 Bear LEFT
29.0 BUFFALO ALERT (on your right)
29.6 Turn RIGHT onto County Road 389
30.4 Turn RIGHT to continue on County Road 389 (becomes Chapel Hill Road)
37.4 Turn RIGHT onto Southside Road
39.0 Turn RIGHT in MTSC
RobertNashville

Return to Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays