Dog related bills

Need I say more?

Dog related bills

Postby Tim Nunan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:43 pm

Though not firearms this is related to those that use/raise/breed/kennel dogs for hunting.

Some new proposed bills you might want to check out:

SB 0049/HB0435 - Animals and Animal Cruelty - Requires kennels that keep four or more dogs or cats to be licensed by commissioner of agriculture; earmarks $80,000 from sale of Animal Friendly specialty license plates for implementation of program to regulate kennels. - Amends TCA Title 44, Chapter 17 and Title 55, Chapter 4, Part 2.

SB1686/HB0148 - Animals and Animal Cruelty - Expands present dealer license fee for resale of dogs or cats to include persons who breed for sale more than one litter of pups annually; places space restriction per adult dog on such breeders. - Amends TCA Title 44, Chapter 17, Part 1.

A good site for keeping up to date on animal related bills is:
http://www.raot.org/legislation/legislation.htm
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby hkgonra » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:27 pm

They seem to be putting quite a bit of effort into legislation on animal cruelty. They need to put some effort into enforcement. The few times I have tried to get anything done about dogs that looked like they hadn't eaten in months I get NO help from anyone here in the local government.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
hkgonra

Return to Hunting