[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Juvenile Hunt This past Weekend

Juvenile Hunt This past Weekend

Need I say more?

Juvenile Hunt This past Weekend

Postby Billjr » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:38 pm

I took my daughter on her first Juvenile Hunt this weekend. We had a great time but didn't see any deer. :(

Any body else take their kids hunting and how did you do?

Take care

Bill, Jr
Billjr

Postby johnharris » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:18 pm

This is the last year my son qualifies as a juvenile. Luck was with him (it was not when we did the juvenile hunt in October in Kentucky - needed suntan lotion).

Anyhow, we did not make early Saturday to the woods because he did not get back from the high school's football game until almost mid-night Friday. So we left around ten and drove to the family farm (about an hour). Helped my grandfather for a while with little chores then loaded up with stands, his rifle, my video camera, etc., for the long walk up the ridge to our hunting area. Just as we topped the hill, a young buck jumped, ran about 20 yards and stopped for a nice off-hand 60 yard shot. My son never even took the stand off his back. He just loaded the rifle (he carries it unloaded until he gets in the tree), knelt down and fired one shot. The rest was downhill (literally) from there!

My daughter is nine and has shown no interest in that part of hunting yet - I hope that changes!

Kentucky rifle open Nov 8 and its off to at least 4 weeks from that point on.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Billjr » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:41 pm

Congratulations an your son taking a buck. It sounds like he made a really nice shot.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Bill, Jr
Billjr

Postby hkgonra » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:34 pm

My son is 9 and is NUTS about hunting. Maybe we need to get them together and some of his interest will rub off on her. :wink:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
hkgonra

Postby johnharris » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:21 am

Could not hurt - now, if I could get her to understand that once she learns how to hunt locally that we might take a trip out west and hunt from horseback, she would be knocking me down to get to BassPro to purchase camo with her birthday money - I do believe.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Hunting