First Meeting Well Represented

Presently inactive - needs chapter leader or team

Moderator: Butch Butler

First Meeting Well Represented

Postby Butch Butler » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am

I would like to Thank everyone that came to our first meeting.I was worried that the forcast of heavy rain would keep folks at home but that was not the case.Even though we are The Obion County Chapter we had Richard Archie from The West Tenn. Chapter as well as some from Weakly County.Interest of T.F.A. is growing in our area and I expect us to keep growing and becoming more active in this corner of The State.
Guest Speaker State Representative Judy Barker addressed some of the new laws that were passed this year and answered questions and concerns with those laws.I would like to say a special thanks to her for standing in front of a group face to face.Even though that is her job as a Public Servant some officials have forgotten that comes with the job.
As I said in opening the meeting we can not set a certain day of each month for future meetings ( because a third of the members work a swing shift) I will announce the next meeting through this forum,e-mails,phone calls,and media.
Thanks Again,
Butch Butler
Butch Butler

Re: First Meeting Well Represented

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 pm

I really enjoyed attending the meeting in Union City. You can tell that there is interest in our cause in the area. The discussion was lively, and I think of definite benefit to the TFA.

Representative Barker came prepared, and stayed as long as we had questions, she was in fact a trooper.

Obion County Sheriff Jerry Vastbinder, along with one of his Investigators (whose name I regrettably did not get) were in attendance as well.

My appreciation to Butch and his guys for standing up for our Rights, and growing the effort!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: First Meeting Well Represented

Postby Butch Butler » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 pm

The investigator's name is Kent Treece.
Butch
Butch Butler

Return to Obion / Union City Region