[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - 99% Glock 23 with MANY accessories!!!

99% Glock 23 with MANY accessories!!!

Posts older than one (1) year

Moderator: Waldo0506

99% Glock 23 with MANY accessories!!!

Postby StandingTall » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 pm

I have a Glock 23 with night sights, 2 high cap .40 S&W mags, Glock 19 slide assembly, Lone Wolf threaded barrel (1/2 x 28), and 1 high cap 9mm mag. Also included is box, papers, and Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster (black).

Approximate round count is 100 rounds of .40 S&W and 50 rounds of 9mm. Asking $850 for the whole kit.

PM with questions or interests and thanks for looking!
StandingTall

"Takes more than combat gear to make a man. Takes more than a license to own a gun. Confront your enemies, avoid them when you can. A gentleman will walk but never run". ~ Gordon Sumner

"Toujours Pret" ~ Family motto.
StandingTall

Re: 99% Glock 23 with MANY accessories!!!

Postby tnxdshooter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Re: 99% Glock 23 with MANY accessories!!!

Postby TacticaLogic » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 pm

@ tndxshooter:

But yet your carry gun #2 is a 9mm?

I would hate to be in a situation where I had used up all of my .40S&W or .45ACP ammo, and was sitting on a case of 9mm but had nothing in which to fire it... While everyone is entitled to have their favorite round (mine is the one with a primer in the back and the bullet located in the case-mouth) we should also be open-minded to the fact that some gun is better than none at all... I have no problem in people having a preferred round... Though I would think that actions and words should match.

Those of us that have read "Unintended Consequences" remember that Henry Bowman (though he favored a 5 inch barreled Model 29 S&W) was able to put the little CB cap round to good use when the use of any other round would have likely caused his death... I have the pictures from the FBI study on handgun round penetration around here somewhere on Power Point that I use in my tactical anatomy classes... What I (and most other people) find interesting is that with all the rounds tested (9mm, .357 mag, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, .45ACP) the final results were extremely close between all rounds. After penetrating 5 layers of denim, each round penetrated between 10-12 inches of the ballistic gelatin, creating very similar wound channels, both temporary and permanent. When we measure the energy of handgun rounds we create finite numerical data based upon what happens with velocity and delivered energy. People often put too much emphasis on numerical data, and forget that shot placement has as much to do with stopping the threat as does the bullet being delivered. Scientific data is absolutely needed, but in real world shootings, bullet voodoo takes over and makes strange things happen. An example: While the Marshall/Sanow work shows the .357 Magnum delivering the highest percentages of 1 shot stops, that didn't save the Florida officer that fired a 158g JHP .357 Magnum round through the roof of the drugged-up bad guy's mouth (the shot angle was as good as you could ask for on a CNS shot - bad guy was yelling as he raised his weapon to fire on the officer) - the bad guy fired 2 rounds and still killed the officer before he (the bad guy) died. THAT IS SOME SCARY STUFF... Take your pick... 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP, etc. All of them can do the job if things work out the way we hope... Sometimes none of them are sufficient. To put it most bluntly: Handguns are not the most efficient way to kill someone. Only 30% of people shot with a handgun actually die... You really have to get into rifle headshots and shotgun "00 buck to the torso" shots to get the results that most of us would like to think is possible with a handgun. This may not be a comforting thought to some of us, but it is actually the truth.

@ StandingTall:
I'll put the word out among my circles regarding your pistol and accessories. We'll see if we can find a buyer for your "combat Tupperware" (and yes I own say that since I own three of them! A 21, a 22, and a 31.) Let us know if you get it sold so that I can keep people on my end advised.

Regards,
Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Return to Old Posts