[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - WTB revolver holster

WTB revolver holster

Posts older than one (1) year

Moderator: Waldo0506

WTB revolver holster

Postby lilredhunter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Just looking to see if someone had a used holster to fit a large frame .357 with a 4" barrell they no longer wanted/needed.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Re: WTB revolver holster

Postby David Lewis » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Chris--

What do you mean by "large frame"?

A true S&W N-frame, or perhaps a Ruger Redhawk?

Or a K-frame Smith & Wesson, which is truly a mid-sized frame?

The various S & W .357s (that aren't J-frame snubbies, or the massive model 27) are K-frames, though there are some L-frames, which are N-sized frames, with K-sized grips on it (they'd take a large-frame holster). Ruger's Security Six family fit's K-frame holsters; the GP100 will be a tight fit in some, and won't fit in others. Colt & Taurus are mid-sized, too.

It would help to know which gun you mean.

David
David Lewis

Postby TacticaLogic » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Chris,

K, L, or N Frame? If K or L, I may have a freebie for you if you don't mind black basketweave...

Mike

PS: I'll let you know when I need to pick up the revolver for the bead blast and parkerizing. I don't want it sitting around waiting to get a tank full of long arms. I'll give you a shout when it is close to time.
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby lilredhunter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm

It is a .357 S&W 19, K frame with a 4" . I don't care about color or design. Just need something since my old one fell apart. I went to get out of my van and it got caught on the door frame and just fell apart. I took it to a guy here and he said it was just too old and worn. I have had it for years and it was my dads before I got it and don't have a clue where he got it. But it was so dol that it had work thin. So right now I am down to carrying a 2 shot derringer that I have borrowed.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby David Lewis » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 pm

David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:16 pm

David we will be there gladly.

Sorry I called my gun a large frame. I did know there are a number of holsters that will fit. I posted this thinking someone may have one around they no longer needed or wanted.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby David Lewis » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Chris--

Please, I didn't mean to sound like I was taking you to task--it's just that there's a world of difference when it comes to fitting a holster properly to a gun, between the various gun frame sizes. Some, like your K-frame, the Ruger Security Six family, & the Taurus line, will generally, though not exactly, interchange--but it will be "close enough for government work." 8)

The true large-frame guns (Smith's L & N frames) won't fit the same holsters. A K-frame would fall out of an N-frame holster, while an N won't even go into a K.

Just trying to help you get what you need!

David
David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 pm

David you were fine. 8) I do not upset easily. :lol: I was not even thinking about the N frames. Those things are huge. However Now I have a Comanche 357 because a friend wanted my S&W. But the comanche seems like a nice weapon. It is so close to the same size that the holster would fit it. I traded with "D" and got some cash and some work done. So I came out real well in the trade. I have fired this comanche several times on range trips. It has worked without a hiccup. Plus I got a Mossy 590 Shotgun too. But I still need a holster. Plus I got the money to pay a small bill. 8)
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby David Lewis » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:53 am

Not familiar with the Comanche...appears to be an Argentine import, based on the Smith design. Getting it, plus a 590, plus cash--sounds like you did OK with your trade. I like the 590; good shotgun. Wouldn't mind having another someday.

Regards,

David
David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:51 pm

The Comanche is an argentine made by La Serei (sp) but it shoots great. I think I am going to like it. It is a copy of a S&W. It seems to be well made. It is a little heavier than the Smith was but the same size. I tried to talk him out of the Hume holster he had but wouldn't come up off it. Image
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Chris
lilredhunter

Postby TacticaLogic » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Chris,

Bring the revolver to the meeting in Spring Hill, but don't bring it in the building... I'll get it from you in the parking lot. Hopefully I can get it back to you fairly quickly...

Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Mike;
Not a problem I will bring them. I will have the 357 in the car and the 38 in it's rug. Thanks Mike I really appreciate it.
Chris
Chris
lilredhunter

Return to Old Posts