List of local Parks

List the park along with city or county in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple parks if its not a city or county wide ban. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

List of local Parks

Postby n24wheel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Who has a complete list of LOCAL parks and if they opted in or out? Many of us traverse the entire state and I don't know of any way to know if I can visit a local park or not once I'm out of my own county. Should we write our reps asking for this list?
TFA Life Member www.tfaonline.org
NRA Life Member www.nra.org
USPSA Life Member www.uspsa.org
Southern Four Wheel Drive Assoc. Dir. of Legislative Affairs www.sfwda.org
n24wheel

Re: List of local Parks

Postby David Lewis » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm

As far as I know, no such list exists...and I doubt any government entity would compile one. Since all the parks in question are, by definition,
operated by local governments, not a one of them would want to include anything outside their own bailiwick.

Sounds like a good job for a volunteer! Any takers?

David
David Lewis

Postby johnharris » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:06 am

I have another suggestion.

There were many legislators who thought it was a good idea to allow this discretion at the local level. I suggest we start writing the offices of all legislators explaining that it is not clear which parks are local parks and which are and are not ok for permit holders. Ask of them that THEY give US a list of these parks and that they require the STATE and local governments to put together a portion of the respective government websites to clarify this on a current and ongoing basis.

Sounds like its time for the grassroots to start demonstrating the confusion that such foolish amendments create.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby David Lewis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 am

I like John's answer better...

I like prodding our elected representatives to do the right thing & fix the problem they created: remove the local option, & allow carry, period.

David
David Lewis

Postby JohnC76 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:07 am

So is there any plan of action to get this silliness fixed?

We should be allowed to carry in parks.
Member of: | Gun Owners of America | NRA | FCSA | Knife Rights |

TN performance automotive community: http://StreetnTrack.net
JohnC76

Return to Local Parks