Blount County reschedules due to legal issues

List the park along with city or county in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple parks if its not a city or county wide ban. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Blount County reschedules due to legal issues

Postby n24wheel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

I just left the Blount County Commission tonight and the Parks "opt out" was taken off the schedule and rescheduled to next month's worksession to discuss legalities, and next months regular committee meeting. Several spoke not to "opt out" and one person spoke to "opt out"
The commission is confused on if they need to vote on it or not. The county lawyer said that since Maryville and Alcoa opted out that,since they share some parks, that means the majority has opted out. I questioned how people in the county, that cannot vote for Maryville and Alcoa council members, could not have any voice in county parks when the county parks are not in the city?

We need as many people as we can get to the workshop and next commission meeting. It is critical that the (one's that are always there) are not the only one's that show up to speak and I got that from a good source.

David

Committee Date, Time, and Location

Blount County Commission - A monthly work session will be held on the Tuesday one week prior to the regular scheduled

Commission meeting, at 6:30 p.m., in Room 430 at the Blount County Courthouse. The meeting

dates are: September 8

Blount County Commission - Regular meetings are the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m., in Room 430 at the Blount County

Courthouse. September 17,
TFA Life Member www.tfaonline.org
NRA Life Member www.nra.org
USPSA Life Member www.uspsa.org
Southern Four Wheel Drive Assoc. Dir. of Legislative Affairs www.sfwda.org
n24wheel

Return to Local Parks