Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry CLOSED!!

List the park along with city or county in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple parks if its not a city or county wide ban. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry CLOSED!!

Postby marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:29 am

they have listed on the commission agenda for 7-2-2009 "consider a resolution prohibiting handgun carry in city parks" i will be in attendance to try to convince them to not pass it if i'm allowed to speak.
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Re: Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry

Postby marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:07 pm

the city of johnson city voted unanimously to prohibit law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves in city parks. there was lots of misinformation being spread around during the meeting, commissioner marcy walker talked about being afraid that not passing this ordinance would allow guns in schools and commissioner phil carriger asked if it would allow gun carry at "little league games". chalk this up as another loss to the fear and paranoia being spread by the left wing anti-gun and anti-freedom people. i was not allowed to speak out because i am not a resident of the city but rather the county it is in.

we need to work with the state legislature and get the opt out clause removed.
marauder

Re: Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry

Postby johnharris » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:50 pm

See if you can get copies of the debate (e.g., tapes) and the minutes. We are considering some type of action against the local governments on their misguided and usually misinformed decisions.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry CLOSED!!

Postby johnharris » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: Johnson City to vote 7-2-2009 on park carry CLOSED!!

Postby marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 pm

i will see what i can come up with, i'm off tomorrow so i'll contact the commission office and see. i know it airs on the local public cha. and i might can get a copy there.
marauder

Return to Local Parks