Not your usual mall carry question

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Not your usual mall carry question

Postby dunndw » Thu May 18, 2006 4:27 pm

I know that the local malls in Nashville are posted. What about malls like 100 Oaks that have stores that are attached to the main mall building but are not IN the mall. They have their own entrances and such.

Are they covered under the main mall posting?
The store doors aren't marked and there is no direct entry to the mall from most of them with one or two exceptions.

Is there something in the law that covers mall tenants where they don't have to post signage?

I knew better than to ask the mall cop crusing tha parking lot...he'd most likely would have called SWAT out on me for even talking about guns.
dunndw

Postby SomeGuy » Thu May 18, 2006 5:12 pm

According to my reading of 39-17-1359 (John's little red book rocks):

"Posted notices shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building..."

Basicly, unless they post at all the entrances, or all the entrances into say the parking lot, you can carry. At least, that is from my reading. John could give you a better opinion, and I am going into medicine, not law.

Personally, unless I see a posted sign that looks a LOT like what TN code stipulates, I ignore it. Thankfully, Chattanooga is smarter than that. I haven't seen but a few signs, and of those only one that might have been legal.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Return to Posted Properties - General