[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Memorial Hospital, Chattanooga

Memorial Hospital, Chattanooga

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Memorial Hospital, Chattanooga

Postby SomeGuy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Went by to visit someone, and noticed an obscure little sign saying (not a perfect quote) 'This facility prohibits the carrying of concealed weapons' and had a gun with a slash, and a knife with a slash.

I am not sure that the sign is legally valid (do to wording in particular, but not excluding its lack of prominence), but we at least know the intent.

I called it an obscure little sign, because this was not my first trip to the Hospital, but this WAS the first time I noticed it.

John (or any other lawyers), do you think the sign is legally valid, based off my description? If it isn't, then I can just ignore it, but if it may be, then I will likely write a letter, see what good it may do. I do not want to write a letter and have them put the correct signage up, assuming the current one is not valid.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

I don't think they mean permitted guns....

Postby The Shootist » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:24 am

Last year a friend was in a car wreck, and was taken to Memorial (on Citico Ave not Northpark). I met him in the ER and got his pistol so he could go to x-ray. He had asked security if they needed to take custody of his weapon, but they said since I had a permit he could just give it to me.

I have noticed that the Northpark facility has the legal posting though.
When a wrong is found, those with the means to bring about change, have the obligation to do so.
The Shootist

Return to Posted Properties - General