[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Jeferson Federal Bank now posted

Jeferson Federal Bank now posted

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Jeferson Federal Bank now posted

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:40 am

I went to the main office of the Jefferson Federal Bank in Morristown yesterday, 27 October 2011, and noticed a "gun buster" decal on the front door. I don't know when they posted but it was within the last 2-3 months (been that long since I'd been to the front of the building).

I discussed the posting with bank manager Mrs. Porter and she wasn't aware of it and couldn't explain why it had been done. She opined that it was a federal law and I informed her it was not and neither was it a Tennessee law. She assured me that Mr. Doug Roush (the one in charge of security decisions) would contact me about my concerns.

Mr. Roush called me about 9:15 AM this morning and stated that a handgun carry permittee and customer had open carried in the bank to conduct business. There were no problems but apparently the mere sight of the handgun made the bank employees nervous and the decision to ban legal carry was made based on this event. Mr. Roush assured me that he valued my business understood my position on my carry rights but they don't want guns in their bank. He agreed that anti-gun decal won't stop a criminal or a disgruntled customer from bringing a firearms in the bank.

I told him that the new policy was an insult to their law abiding customers and he tried to convince me that I was wrong and they still want our business. I informed Mr. Roush that I would end my 21 year relationship with their bank and take my business where management wasn't afraid of me.

I strongly urge everyone to terminate any business with Jefferson Federal Bank and tell them why.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Jeferson Federal Bank now posted

Postby David Lewis » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm

And open carry is a good idea...why?

David
David Lewis

Postby macville » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 pm

macville

Postby tnroadrunner » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:08 am

They should put a sign saying NO OPEN CARRY.
tnroadrunner

Postby SomeGuy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:22 pm

J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Return to Posted Properties - General