[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Question about rest areas and welcome centers

Question about rest areas and welcome centers

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Question about rest areas and welcome centers

Postby Sky King » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Ok, I believe this was already discussed on this forum some time back but I can not find it. I thought it had been determined that TDOT had stated that interstate rest areas and welcome centers were in fact NOT posted in regards to HCP holders. I thought it had been said that the postings that had been put up were going to be taken down. Am I wrong on this?

Today I stopped at the Tennessee welcome center at the south side of Memphis on I-55 as you enter Tennessee from Mississippi. I didn't notice the posting when I entered the facility. HOWEVER when I exited I saw the small notice. It was about four inches square and positioned in the upper right corner of the right hand door as you enter. The wild thing about it was it was attached so as it the printing was backwards as viewed from the outside. It can only be read properly from the INSIDE of the facility. Technically, you have to ENTER the facility to read the posting telling you your weapon is not allowed. This sticker specifically exempts "ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT" from the ban.

As I said, I thought that TDOT had said that signage and notices prohibiting weapons by HCP holders were to be taken down.

Help me out here folks.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Re: Question about rest areas and welcome centers

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Sam,

I believe this is the thread you were looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=260
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby Sky King » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 am

Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby Sky King » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Well there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't the headlight of an on comming freight train 8) I just spoke via phone with a Tom Lightsey of the Tennessee Department of Tourism which operates all of the welcome centers at rest areas.

Mr. Lightsey was very knowlegable of the issue regarding the postings at welcome centers and did say that those were to have been removed some time ago as this thread indicates. Mr. Lightsey was very pleasant and said that the existance of that post at the welcome center on I-55 had to be an oversight and he would contact the appropriate people and instruct them to remove the post.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Return to Posted Properties - General