Regions Banks, all loactions

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Regions Banks, all loactions

Postby cajunman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 am

In August REGIONS BANKS placed the 'Ghostbusters' sign in their entrance ways, which
effectively under the new legislation is sufficient to qualify it as a 'Posted' property
banning handgun Carry on their properties.

I have a letter which I am sending out to their head of security (see below) and their
Birmingham office. I would like to also send one to their head office and CEO/President
for Tennessee. Does anyone have that address (I have been trying on-line for over an hour)?
If so, please send directly to me email: cajunman.ray@gmail.com

Thanks.

Ray Bergeron
Attachments
Regions Posting.doc
Copy of my letter on Posting to Regions bank
(29 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
cajunman

Re: Regions Banks, all loactions

Postby Sky King » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Ray,
I wish I could help you. If I find the address you need, I will certainly send it on. I havn't noticed the signs at the Regions branches in Memphis because I quit using Regions over two years ago for other reasons. However I am sure, just as you, many permit holders are Regions customers and this prohibition has an impact on them.

I think your letter is VERY good. It is well thought out and worded. It presents a good argument for your need go be armed and does so without the usual beligerant wording many people use that often turns recipients off before they get through the first paragraph.

I hope you will post the response, (if you get one) as I would certainly love to hear what they have to say. Also, given your level of business you have done and still do with Regions, (as indicated in your letter) are you or would you consider moving your business to another bank if they do not agree with you and retain the prohibition? Persons such as you and your wife, who have personal and business accounts that involve the amounts that you have, have a much better chance of getting their attention than somebody who simply has a checking account for paying bills. The possibility of loosing a customer as you would mean more than loosing a customer like me.

Good luck
Sam Cooper
Memphis Tennessee
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby cajunman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 am

Sam.

Thank-you for the encouragement on the letter. It was actually easy to write once I decided to sit down.
I regret not doing so much earlier, but possibly the terrible Arizona tragedy facilitated the truth
that it's the criminal and crazies that are the threat, certainly not us permit holders.

As to banking. I/we actually have accounts at 4 different banks, 6 if you count 'share account'
due to mutual-bank held mortgages. I need, and use the fact that when one bank cannot
fulfill my need I simply go to the next. (Two of my 'other bank' accounts are
simply escrow accounts, necessary by law to only hold funds for damage deposits, etc.)
And being an established long-term client helps when I have a need. Which, is you noticed,
why I did not threaten to close my accounts or leave. Once on the outside you have no influence.

As you can guess, unless I receive full compliance my battle will not stop. I have intentions
upon getting local since I personally know everyone in the two local branches. And of course
the local press is *VERY* pro-gun owner/carry/self-defense. I would however prefer this
be handled at a high-wide level then put the locals on the spot, as I want them on my side.

Don't forget, please write your own letter, feel free to 'borrow' from mine.

Ray
cajunman

Postby Sky King » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Well, as I said, I have not been a Regions customer for over two years so as you stated, once outside, you have no influence. I will remember major points of your letter in other letters I may write, (and I have written a few).

So far, my current bank, Bank of America, has not posted nor has my employers credit union.

Sam Cooper
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby tnxdshooter » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:21 am

This has been discussed in great deal on tgo. I even posted a response I received from the head of security of regions banks. It basically said they dont care about how we feel and that if we didnt like it tough. So I yanked my money out of there the day I received the letter in the mail. I will look on my pc and see if I can find a copy of the letter. If I do I will post it here.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby SomeGuy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 am

Sky, non-customers have a different leverage, one I sometimes use. I point out that as long as they have that policy, I won't do business with them and I will encourage everyone I know to avoid them. Regions may be big enough to not care, but most places see that and step abck and reconsider.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Return to Posted Properties - General