[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Regions Bank, La Vergne Bans Guns

Regions Bank, La Vergne Bans Guns

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Regions Bank, La Vergne Bans Guns

Postby jpesz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:14 pm

I did speak with the Branch Manager, William Pratt, about this new policy and explained that they were actually making their bank more dangerous for both customers and employees since no one who intended to do them harm was going to pay any attention at all to their sign. I pointed out that what they were actually doing was telling criminals that Regions Bank was now safe for criminals because everyone would be defenseless. He did not disagree with any of my points but stated that he had no control over the issue. He also informed me that the new policy was a result of permit holders making it a point to show off their guns and scaring other customers. If any of you use Regions Bank I would suggest that you also respectfully complain to your branch manager. If you are not a Regions Bank customer I would not recommend becoming one. Personally I intend to start shopping for a new bank even if it isn't as handy for me.
jpesz

Re: Regions Bank, La Vergne Bans Guns

Postby Rbtama101 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

I left Regions about a year ago. They wouldn't honor accounts from when I was an Amsouth customer. I told them where to go and switched to Suntrust. I LOVE Suntrust. They have awesome customer service and great account options. I open carry in their banks all the time and never have any trouble.
Rbtama101

Postby marauder » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:16 am

i use first tennessee bank for all my banking needs and love their service.
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby Sky King » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:55 am

Years ago when I WAS a Regions customer, they were not posted and I did speak with their director of security. I contacted him in response to a copy of a memo I saw that indicated that their property was a banning location but there were no signs or notices. He indicated at that time that the memo I saw was not intended for public circulation as the ban was directed at employees, not customers.

I have not gone into a Regions bank since leaving them over a year ago over customer service issues. I had been with Union Planters and was satisfied with them but since the merger with Regions, their customer service and their on-line banking product totally sucked. I communicated with them several times concerning these issues to which they were uncaring and unresponsive, so I went to Bank of America and never looked back. Bank of America does not post a ban. I have never asked about it but I also keep my firearm concealed.

If Regions reason is as they state, (which sounds a bit exagerated) I can understand just a bit. Most people probably would feel a bid uneasy if a person entered a bank, not dressed or identified in some other way such as a badge as law enforcement, and had a gun.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby fl0at » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm

I think it is up to us to assuage those fears, though, is it not? We can do so by being polite, well mannered and less "intense" in our demeanor.

A few days ago I was in Home Depot and noticed an individual open carrying. He was bending down looking at something or other, and people were gawking and making comment. I took one look, noticed he wasn't doing anything any other customer wasn't doing, ie: didn't have his hand on his weapon, no making a scene, no arguing, etc, and simply carried on with what I was doing.

Granted, that is what we all would have done, and we may be a bit of a different mindset... but that may be my point. We have to strive to instill that mindset through responsible carry. Yea, most times that means just don't open carry, but until people realize that we do not present a threat, we will have an uphill fight with regards to places we can carry.

The easiest way to show we don't present a threat... is to not present a threat. The weapon itself isn't one, but is far too often perceived as one.

Unfortunately, the only way to show that the weapon isn't a threat, is to have the weapon out. I rarely, rarely open carry, but when I do, I try to be as polite as possible. Maybe one day, people will realize that the presence of a weapon on a non-uniformed person is not always to be feared.
fl0at

Postby Sky King » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby tnxdshooter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am

The regions in Dayton is not posted, nor is the one's I have been to in Hixson and Lee Highway (at least they werent last week). Also, I do not recall the one in Georgetown being posted either last week when I was there.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby tdfirearms » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm

I have been in 2 of the branches in Murfreesboro (Main building downtown and the one on Thompson Lane), they were not posted at the time. It has been about 7 weeks since I was there.
tdfirearms

Postby n24wheel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Regions does have a new policy to post. I have had discussions with the management locally. The decision was made in Birmingham so visit your local branch and voice your concerns but be sure to back it up by sending your letters to ask the policy be repealed to:

To contact the Board or any Board member, please write to the Secretary of the Company at the following address:

Regions Financial Corporation
c/o Office of the Corporate Secretary
1900 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
TFA Life Member www.tfaonline.org
NRA Life Member www.nra.org
USPSA Life Member www.uspsa.org
Southern Four Wheel Drive Assoc. Dir. of Legislative Affairs www.sfwda.org
n24wheel

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Crossville, TN