[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - All of Rivergate Mall

All of Rivergate Mall

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

All of Rivergate Mall

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Yesterday while taking the family to lunch at Chick-fi-la in Rivergate I noticed right under the stop sign comeing into the mall that the mall has posted the entire property.
The sign was clearly visable and right at the entrance to the property.

How does this effect all of the buisness such as Chick-fil-a that only have access to the place through the mall roadway? I dont see how this could effect some other businesses like Red Lobster because they have direct access to Gallitan road but some places like Firestone, Chick-fil-a, and Fuddruckers you can only get there by driving through a free crime zone.

I will be emailing the manager/owner of that store to explain how he will be loosing my patronage from here on out becuse I refuse to park across Gallitan road and cross with my family to eat there and can not legally even have my gun in my car just to pull into his parking lot.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Re: All of Rivergate Mall

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Cool Springs Galleria also posts even the parking lot. Hickory Holllow, Cool Springs Galleria, and Rivergate are all owned by CBL Associates. (I can't speak for Hickory Hollow, but with the other two posted, I suspect this may be a corporate decision applicable to properties. ) Perhaps it would be more efficient to contact the corporate leaders rather than the individual malls ?
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby Sky King » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 am

I asked a similiar question some time ago. Wolfchase Galleria Mall in Memphis also posts their property at the entrances. However there are many other businesses including restaurants around the parimeter of the mall property which can only be accessed by entering through a mall property entrance. However the parking areas of these businesses is segregated from the mall parking and only one of the businesses I know of, J Alexanders restaurant posts a weapons ban.

So the question was and I presume still is does the mall posting apply to businesses that occupy stand alone buildings if those businesses do not themselves post? Those buildings are leased or owned by those businesses and the way I understand the law, the owner or leaseor is the one that makes that decision. But you have to CROSS banned property to get to it. So, where do we stand on this?
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby Fred762 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 am

Does the hypocracy of this mess not really p!&$ YOU guys off? It sure does me! The owners of any posted properties will NOT indemnify YOU against crime..never! Yes, and they do NOT provide total armed security ON their property, but rely on a stupid SIGN to make the public THINK they are "safe"..what crap!! IT MAKES ABOUT AS MUCH SENSE AS THE STUPId TSA AGENTS HAND-CHECKING old GRANNIES AND YOUND WHITE WOMEN AT THE AIRPORTS, WHILE LEAVING THE WHOLE FLIGHT LINE EXPOSED TO TERRORISTS..WE'RE SUPPOSED TO THINK FLYING IS SAFE NOW!

So.........by following the LAW ...I necessarily disarm myself and therefore expose myself and family to the real threat of a mugging, beating, robbery or even to a murder attempt by any armed or unarmed criminal bent upon mayhem: any criminal who will disobey any LAW against the intended crime and therefore DIS-obey a "posted" sign. By leaving my firearm in the car it only makes the loss of said weapon even MORE likely, since stealing it from an unattended CAR is waaaay more easy than stealing it from my gun safe or from ME whilst I am carrying it. If we leave our weapons at home "for safety" then we are only exposing oueselves to crime during all of our trips outside the home...stupid in the extreme I say.

Recent studies have shown that criminals fear armed potential victims about twice as much as they fear jail or the cops. Nuff said................
Fred762

Postby jwtownsend49 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

A law enforcement officer—sheriff's department detective—told me most property signs like these are unenforceable. The problem is there are too many ways to get on the property without seeing a sign. The only way, he said, such signage could be enforced would be if the property is surrounded by fence and every entrance is posted. At Wolfchase in Memphis, for example, a person can get on the property by foot in an infinite number ways.
jwtownsend49

Postby jwtownsend49 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Oh, I didn't post above to encourage anyone to carry in the posted malls, just give this a defense if they do and an attempt is made to prosecute them. I also posted so mall managers might see how fruitless their postings are and remove them, chuckle, chuckle.
jwtownsend49

Return to Posted Properties - General