Standard Signage

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Standard Signage

Postby Sky King » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

There have been several posts lately concerning the signage that is being used by establishments to indicate their ban agains legal HCP holders.

The new law passed this year apparently is not specific enough although I thought it was. It does specify that it should be readily visable and it specifies what the verbage has to communicate. It also indicates that the international symbol, (circle with slash) is acceptable.

I feel all this is fine but the examples that are popping up certainly do indicate how some merchants are trying to stretch things.

With these merchants, what they are saying to me is, yes they don't want me in there, BUT they are also saying that they REALLY don't to put those signs up. That was clearly communicated by the Tennessee Restaurant Association during the debates last year. They feel those signs are not hospitable in nature.

While I feel it is all they need to tell me they don't want my business, they are wanting their cake and eat it too. Prior to the law we now have, those propriotors were very glad to hide behind the state law that prevented law abiding HCP holders from comming in without having to post. NOW we can go in unless THEY show their anti-second amendment attitude for all to see and they don't like it.

What we now need is for the law to specifically SAY that the ban has to be posted PROMANENTLY. If they did, maybe their displeasure with having to post will outweigh their feelings against legal permit holder and just remove the sign.

What WE need to do is to take pictures of the various postings as they appear at these establishments. Take a picture with your cell phone and we need to get those to our representatives in Nashville to show them how the spirit of the new law is NOT being followed.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Re: Standard Signage

Postby jwtownsend49 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:55 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe we should reimburse someone for challenging the law.

Bill Townsend
jwtownsend49

Return to Posted Properties - General