[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Exlines' Best Pizza, 2802 Kirby Parkway, Memphis-POSTED

Exlines' Best Pizza, 2802 Kirby Parkway, Memphis-POSTED

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Exlines' Best Pizza, 2802 Kirby Parkway, Memphis-POSTED

Postby jwtownsend49 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 am

Their inconspicuous sign is posted to the right of the side door, not on the door itself, and the lettering is so small I had to wear my reading glasses to read it. Frankly, I would have missed the sign if I hadn't looked closely for one. The sign is so inconspicuous and easy to miss I wonder what it's real purpose is. Is it to keep HCP holders from carrying firearms inside, which many of us will not see, or to really allow us in while satisfying something like an insurance provision or providing a liability waiver?
Last edited by jwtownsend49 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwtownsend49

Re: Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, 2802 Kirby Parkway, Memphis

Postby Sky King » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 am

The new law AND the one it replaced concerning the posting provisions specifically states that posting your property does not remove any liability. Now whether or not an insurance carrier may offer some consideration if a client posts the insured property, I can't answer but the law does not offer any protection, at least the way I read it, but then again, I am not a lawyer.

As for the size and location of the sign, I can only speculate on why they do it the way they do. I believe some insight may be found in the communication that came from The Tennessee Restaurant Association president during the debates last year over this legislation. He said, and this is a paraphrase, their members did not want to post that sign. They felt it was negative. He said that the posting law required their members to choose which part of their clientle they wanted to alienate.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is they just don't want to post that sign. They were perfectly happy to hide behind state law and point the finger at the state for why a person couldn't carry in their establishment. Now they are forced to put up a sign for all to see that communicates where they stand and they don't like it.

So the end result is that some places will choose to put up a sign, but it will often be small and not right in front of you when you go in, you will have to look for it. Also in my opinion, this should not be allowed. If there is a prohibition against anything inside any given establishment, it should be PLAINLY posted. They don't have a problem putting up signs that say "NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE", so what's the problem with the no weapons signs if that's what they want?
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Re: Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, 2802 Kirby Parkway, Memphis

Postby David Lewis » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 am

David Lewis

Return to Posted Properties - General