[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Doctor's ValueVision, et al

Doctor's ValueVision, et al

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Doctor's ValueVision, et al

Postby TNReb » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm

For years I have bought my eyeglasses at Doctor's Value Vision in Murfreesboro, TN. When I went yesterday and ordered two new pair of glasses, my daughter noticed as we were leaving they had a decal on the door with a gun with the red circle and slash and below it read, "No guns or weapons allowed on the premises." I did some research and found that they are owned by Eye Care Centers of America, Inc., and they have several other names they operate under. From their web page:

"Our stores are located primarily in the Southwest, Midwest and Southeast, along the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coasts and in the Pacific Northwest regions of the United States and operate under separate trade names in each of our local markets, including "EyeMasters," "Visionworks," "Vision World," "Doctor's VisionWorks," "Dr. Bizer's VisionWorld," "Dr. Bizer's ValuVision," "Doctor's ValuVision," "Hour Eyes," "Stein Optical," "Eye DRx" and "Binyon's." This is the email I sent them:

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 4:09 PM
To: Customer Service Support e-mail
Subject: Corporate Policy

While ordering two new pairs of eyeglasses in the Murfreesboro, TN Dr.’s ValueVision Store I noticed as I was leaving a sign which said guns and weapons were prohibited. I would like to know if this is a corporate policy and if this includes those, like myself, who are properly licensed and registered to carry handguns. While I respect any business or property owner’s right to post their property against anything they wish, my policy is if you do not want me to bring my licensed and registered handgun in your store, you do not want me to bring my money in either, and I will shop somewhere else.

Please let me know if this is your policy. I have traded with you for many years now, but that will have to stop if it is your policy. Thank you for your prompt response.

This was their response:

I do apologize but this is our corporate policy. We do not allow handguns or weapons of any kind in our stores.

Thank you,

Lucy
Customer Service

This is the reply I sent them:

Thank you, Lucy, for your prompt response. I called today and cancelled my order. Also, I will be advising all members of groups to which I belong of this policy and urging them to take their business elsewhere. Please pass this information along to your superiors and that I urge them to rethink this policy and comply with the law and respect the rights of law-abiding citizens. The sad part is that criminals will not care what your policy is, and that policy makes the rest of us vunerable to them. Not only does it cost you business, it makes you and your customers less safe.

So, please spread the word to everyone you can not to do business with these people.
TNReb

Re: Doctor's ValueVision, et al

Postby johnharris » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Please also provide any corporate email addresses when they are available - I can move our purchasing as well but would want to make sure they know WHY they lost a customer.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby TNReb » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Yes John, sorry I didn't include that. Their email is: customerservice@ecca.com. Thanks!
TNReb

Re: Doctor's Value Vision, et al

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Reb thanks so much for posting this. My wife & both daughters have appointments next week for new glasses. So those 3 appointments will get canceled first thing tomorrow morning. I also will email them & let them know why they lost our business.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Re: Doctor's Value Vision, et al

Postby TNReb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm

TNReb

Postby tdfirearms » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 am

The sign is now gone.
tdfirearms

Return to Posted Properties - General