[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

Postby MCFooter » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:20 pm

This thread is the beginning of a new list of Posted Properties that prohibit handguns. There has been some discussion about the information on the Official TFA list not being current and the requirements to change the status of a once prohibited property.
I would like your help gathering this information to notify other Tennessee handgun carriers to help keep everyone legal that wishes to be and perhaps joining forces to reduce the number of prohibited properties.

The Properties of interest would be relative to Customers and Visitors and not specific to employees.

Please post your information as a reply and I will update the list as needed in alphabetical order.

Last updated 4/9/04
Property, Location, Reported By, Comments,

Centennial Med. Center, Nashville, MCFooter, HCA Hospital
FedEx, Brentwood, Dever (F5fstop), "GunBuster" sign
KFC, Memphis & West Memphis, DWaltrip, Fowler Foods Corp.
Shady Brook Mall, Columbia, Dever (F5fstop), Sign is pretty close to what is prescribed by TN law.
Vanderbilt Hospital, Nashville, MCFooter, Metal Detectors in ER
Last edited by MCFooter on Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MCFooter

1st site to be added

Postby MCFooter » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:22 pm

I will start off the list by adding CMC.
I don’t know why a hospital would need to be posted except for MRI areas.

Property, = Centennial Med. Center
Location, = Nashville
Reported by, = MCFooter
Comments, = HCA Hospital
Picture, = n/a
MCFooter

Postby f5fstop » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:49 pm

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..." (Richard Henry Lee)
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton)
f5fstop

Postby dwaldrip » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:27 pm

KFC locations in Memphis and West Memphis owned by Fowler Foods.

David Waldrip
"The most dangerous assumption to make is to assume that someone else, or some other group, is already fighting for your rights. If you don't fight, believe me, very few others wil be fighting your fight."
dwaldrip

Postby johnharris » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Is there any desire to remove the existing TFA list and start over?
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Need for list?

Postby MCFooter » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:44 pm

I don't know if we need to start a new list considering there has only been one response to this one since it was started.

One thing that concerns me about posting to this thread or others came to mind when I had to go CMC recently. I had planned to carry as usual then I remembered that I had proven acknowledgement that I know the facility is posted. I say this because not all entrances are posted with a NO Firearms sign.

So could this list be used against someone that contributes to it if they make a mistake and get caught on known posted property? If so than this thread may not be the best method to keep a list.
MCFooter

Bass Pro store- Sevierville

Postby Tim Nunan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Though not exactly posted the Bass Pro store at exit 407 (Sevierville) off I-40 presents an interesting challege.

No posted signs on the front doors. Once you enter a sign on the turnstile states that "guns and bows must be checked at customer service". I went to the customer service desk to check my handgun (which I had unloaded) and what a shock it was to the young ladies behind the counter. The first thing one asked was to see my handgun permit to which I responded "you don't have the authority to ask for that." That response sent her off to find her boss. She came back and told me I could carry it in my holster which I did (could have reloaded it but didn't).

From now on I'll just conceal and keep quite.

I noted that the store apparently has a beer bar hidden away on one side which you could certainly miss if you didn't go to the fishing center; even then you have to look for it (I was checking out where the exits where).
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby tnroadrunner » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:14 pm

Governors Square Mall, Clarksville, tnroadrunner, has proper signage.
Horizon Medical Center, Dickson, tnroadrunner, has proper signage
tnroadrunner

Re: New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

Postby tnroadrunner » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:14 am

Update on Governors Square Mall in Clarksville. On their main entrances they have proper signage but if you go in through another store (i.e. Borders) there is no signage.
tnroadrunner

Postby Tim Nunan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:59 pm

College Square Mall in Morristown, TN has appropriate signage at all three entrances to the mall complex. By this I mean 12" x 8" signs on a post next to the road of all entrances. You can't read the signs from your vehicle even when stopped, ergo you have to leave the vehicle and walk to the sign which is properly worded. I've never noticed it until my daughter pointed it out to me.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby redbarron06 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 pm

All of the HCA Hospititals are posted but I have yet to see any that are properly posted.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby wild_bill » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 pm

I had not seen Waffle House in Clarksville, Tn posted anywhere here. However, I have seen signage prohibiting entrance with firearms.
wild_bill

Postby Steven B » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:27 am

Memphis Jewelry on Mendenhall, near Poplar in Memphis has a "no firearms" decal in the window at the front door. I wrote the owner a polite letter explaining that the only people carrying guns that would adhere to his requirement would be the "law-abiding" folks who would not be there to do him harm. Posting a "no firearms decal would be like advertising to the criminal element that this might be an easier target.

He didn't seem to get it. I got a polite letter back, where he described being robbed and shot in the past. In the letter he provided a $200.00 gift certificate for my use, and an apology for offending me (as a legal permit holder). I saw the certificate as a way to get me back into the store to spend money.

"No thanks!" I sent the coupon back.

So....please add Memphis Jewelry to the list of banned locations.

I won't be doing business there.

Steven B.
Steven B.
Memphis Area
Steven B

Postby johnharris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:20 am

I would be curious to know if anyone is in the area whether the sign on the jewelry store came down.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby djstarrider » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Grandpa's in Clarksville is posted no carry. They state that since they sell beer that carry there is illegal even though I have provided the letter of the law to the owner on at least three occasions. They refuse to remove the sign. They sell guns there, but no longer to me!
djstarrider

Postby MDTN » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Sky Ridge Medical center in Cleveland, TN is a posted property. There is a sign at the entrances that clearly state this. Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga also has a banning sign on the entrance doors. I think this is most unfortunate as often times we don't have the option of taking our business elsewhere when it comes to hospitals.
MDTN

Postby redbarron06 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

I have been out of town since last Monday when the carry law went into effect. I had the day off so I decided to do some door to door driving in the Rivergate area. I basicly started down at the Home Depot with Outback and worked north to Woodys Steak house, just south of the country line. I did not hit any of the side streets but all of the resturaunts that I knew served alcohol on Gallitan Road in the area. Here is what I found.

No, none, not a single one was posted IAW TCA.

I found 2 places that were incorrectly posted and consistant other comments in other threads .
Outback Steakhouse and Buffalo Wild Wings

Places that were not posted at all (or at least not on the outside of the main entrance)
Dinner Bell (dont serve alcohol anyway)
Logans
Olive Garden
TGI Fridays
Calhouns
Longhorn
Woody's Steakhouse
Garcia's Mexican Rest
Raferty's
Red Lobster
Chili's

I also hit the places closer to home and found none were posted at all. These include Richards (on the corner of Whites Creek and OHB), El Rey Azteca (I-24 Exit 40 where Hot Chickens.com used to be) and Mazaltin in Joelton (exit 35 on I-24).

I did not enter any of these establishments but have eaten at most of them before.

ADMIN: Please feel free to merge with another thread if it is appropreate.

Gun Owners of America
redbarron06

Postby redbarron06 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Gun Owners of America
redbarron06

Re: New List of Posted Property in Tennessee **Update**

Postby lilredhunter » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:40 pm

I have noticed that all the Dailys and Shell stations, in Centerville & Dickson all have the correct sign on their front windows. As for eateries all I have checked in my area is the Applebees in Dickson and it is posted as well. The only places I have found in Hickman County is the 3 Shell stations. We don't have any places like Applebees as we are a dry county when it comes to liquor. We only have 2 bars and they are not even posted.

Well after making several phone calls, writing a couple letters I managed to get the Shell Stores in Centerville that are owned by The Highland Corp. , the postings are now removed!! They are supposed to take them down at all the stores.
Last edited by lilredhunter on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby BulletBillSR » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 pm

BulletBillSR

Next

Return to Posted Properties - General