[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Re: New List of Posted Property in Tennessee

Postby redbarron06 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby djstarrider » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 am

Rye's and Shine market
Cumberland City
Gas station and deli
Sign is not currently legal, however proper posting is in the plans.

I have spoken at length with the owner and he has posted the property regardless of the ramifications. When I asked why he has posted the property that has not been posted since legal carry was passed, he said that he wanted to limit the liability on his part that me result from a shooting where a legally permitted carrier may shoot a drunk.

I printed and provided a copy of the law to him TCA 39-17-1359 that states under section (b) that he cannot reduce or eliminate his liability for any injuries on his property by posting. I did this to point out to him that his premis for posting is in error. He was courteous, but then stated that no matter what, he is posting and the sign will remain.

If you need gas in Cumberland City stop at the Sportsman's market on Hwy 149, they are only 2 miles from Rye's & Shine, and they are not posted.
djstarrider

Postby knoxvegasdaddy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:28 pm

I spoke with the GM of Aztec Food & Fuel (BP) gas station at Northshore Dr. and Pellissippi Pkwy in Knoxville, TN, which is posted off limits, and he told me the following:

1. I don't have any problem with carriers, concealed and open.
2. I put up the signs because I had about 30 incidents at 6 stores in Knoxville and Maryville involving very rude people with firearms. One clerk was shown a gun under a shirt because she couldn't print a receipt, and another had a customer pull out his gun, lay it on the counter, THEN pull out his ID. When the clerk asked him to holster the gun the customer said "I have a permit, you can't do anything about it."
3. The ONLY reason the signs are there is because they were requested by employees at the gas station due to this type of behavior.
4. I personally don't care if you carry in any of my stores, just be nice to my clerks.

I apologized on behalf of all permit holders, and informed him that "brandishing" is a crime and the clerks should call the police. He is considering changing the policy back, as he has had many comments to managers in the stores from "good" permit holders.
knoxvegasdaddy

Postby David Lewis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:30 pm

David Lewis

Previous

Return to Posted Properties - General