[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - New Signs at Nashville Farmer's Market Are Already Broken

New Signs at Nashville Farmer's Market Are Already Broken

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

New Signs at Nashville Farmer's Market Are Already Broken

Postby morg » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Well, I guess the hissy fit some of Nashville's councilmen pitched over guns in parks has spilled over onto the Farmer's Market.

I went down Saturday to get butter and found typed notices of legal size taped to the Food Court doors.

They looked fairly new so I mentioned them to some of the good old country boys selling their wares.

The signs must be broken because they definitely were not working the day I was there.

Vendors sitting in the open air stalls just laughed when I asked about the ban.

One guy told me that "nobody had better stick their head in the cab of my pick up" when I told him.

Metro is going to have a hard time enforcing this one when the market goes into high gear next summer.

People have inventory representing months of labor not to mention cash on hand in their stalls.

I pity the poor officer that gets the call to evict a vendor.

Those stalls are rented months in advance and I don't imagine some farmers are going to turn back over a dinky piece of paper.

I would like an opinion on what defines your place of business and who decides if you can protect it or not.

Morg
morg

Re: New Signs at Nashville Farmer's Market Are Already Broken

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm

ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Re: New Signs at Nashville Farmer's Market Are Already Broken

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Interesting question...I would suspect that under most circumstances the property owner's rights would prevail so whoever actually owns the location could ban weapons; I don't think the fact that a person is renting space there would matter.

That said, if there are contracts involved and nothing about the issue was in the contract when it was executed I think the property owner would have a pretty week position to say, after the fact, that the vendors can't carry.
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Return to Posted Properties - General