[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - FedEx Forum

FedEx Forum

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

FedEx Forum

Postby GraceOutcast » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

I am going to a concert at the FedEx Forum. Are carrying at concerts forbidden specifically and or does the Forum have the correct signage on their property?

Thanks
GraceOutcast

Re: FedEx Forum

Postby TacticaLogic » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

I can't specifically address the FedEx Forum... But if they sell beer for public consumption during the concert, I believe you would be prohibited just as you would be regarding carrying in a restaurant that serves beer (since we permit holders have been deemed too ignorant to know the difference between a "bar" and a "restaurant".) Whether or not the FedEx Forum is properly posted wouldn't make a difference in that case... Now, it's been 14 years since I've been to a concert in a place such as that (Eagles at Starwood in 1995) - but it seems they always sell beer at concerts in those venues. Just my 2 cents...

-Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby johnharris » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

I was there about a year ago for the AC/DC concert - its off limits at a minimum because of the alcohol issue and the court's recent ruling.....

It is also likely posted but I don't specifically recall that issue.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby TacticaLogic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 am

John Harris at an AC/DC concert... Hmmmm... Somehow I am having a hard time getting a mental picture of that one. John, are you a closet "Metal Head"?!? :lol:

Then again, maybe I shouldn't say anything... I have an old cassette case full of music by "The Damned"... Anyone up for the live version of Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori at maximum volume? 8)

(Scarey thing is... I went looking for some of this music the other day on Itunes. I think I just may have to have it in digital format...)

-Mike

TacticaLogic

Postby johnharris » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 am

Mike, I came along in an era of Southern Rock (I can recall one party that was centered around a Molly Hatchet and 38 Special concert), Vol Jams, and about every rock band that came through Nashville from about 1980 to about 1990. ACDC - early albums in particular - are some of my top picks.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby TacticaLogic » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Ahh... The Volunteer Jams... Remember those well! Still have ticket stubs to 4 or 5 of them in a notebook somewhere around here. The old Municipal Auditorium and trying to find a place to park... There was more talent overnight on that stage than you will find in 4 days at Bonnaroo.

I remember one Jam that had the Allman Brothers, .38 Special, Marshall Tucker, and on and on. Quiet a night!

I still have my big old 5X beaver felt hat with the 7" brim and ranger crown... You could wear it in the rain and your shoulders wouldn't even get wet!

-Mike

TacticaLogic

Return to Posted Properties - General