Verizonwireless Store Morristown

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Verizonwireless Store Morristown

Postby easttntj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:43 pm

I was at the Verizon store in Morristown today and noticed the ghostbuster gun sign on door. I asked and was told it was a corporate policy. I have not visited any other verizon store to see if this is true. I have emailed verizon and am waiting on a response.
easttntj

Re: Verizonwireless Store Morristown

Postby Rbtama101 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm

I have been in numerous Verizon stores all around Nashville (Clarksville-Murf.) lately and I have carried in all of them. No signs anywhere, ever. In fact, I was just in the one across the street from Rivergate/Target (Nashville) on the 15th (contract expired) and no sign. Will be interesting to see what your answer from the Corp. is. If it IS banned, AT+T is looking good.
Rbtama101

Re: Verizonwireless Store Morristown

Postby David Lewis » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 am

It's been my experience that clerks, and sometimes even management, will reply with "it's the law", when of course, we know better, &
know it isn't. When confronted with such knowledge, they invariably retreat to "it's corporate/store/manager's policy". Frequently, this
turns out not to be the case, as well. A little investigation & communication can frequently effect change--either in the sign/policy, or
with whom I spend my money (it's their choice)--so good for you for doing so!

I recently had a discussion with a nice, but ignorant, clerk at WalMart over their improperly opening sealed cases of shotgun shells to
affix the 10cent TN ammo tax stickers to each individual sub-carton within the 100-round case (it's supposed to be affixed to the unit being
sold, whether that's an individual cartridge/shell, a box, or case). I pointed out that they were collecting too much tax by doing so, and should
not be taking such action. Her reply: "ATF was in here & told us it was their rules, & we had to follow them." I laughed, & pointed out that
this was a Tennessee state tax, and that ATF was federal, & had nothing to do with the TN tax stamps. She got quite flustered. I think
she was going to follow up with her manager to confirm the validity of what I'd said, versus what she'd been told to say when questioned.

Bottom line: Never take "No" from someone not empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place.

Let us know your results!

David
David Lewis

Return to Posted Properties - General