Peabody Hotel is Posted

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Peabody Hotel is Posted

Postby Usagi » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:53 pm

The Peabody was posted today when I visited for the Insurors of Tennessee convention.

The signs appear to be gold-plated plaques. They contain proper verbage. They are on the sides of the walls, just inside the first set of doors at the main entrances.

However, the Bell-boy entrance on the side was not posted, and that was the entrance I used today. This was my first visit to the Peabody, and I found out the place was posted as I left a couple of hours later. I know the rule, so I checked other entrances. They all seemed to be posted, but for the bell-boy entrance, so I got lucky. :shock:
Usagi

Re: Peabody Hotel is Posted

Postby GraceOutcast » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm

What defines an entrance?

Is it the entering point of just customers/patrons or for employee entrances as well?
GraceOutcast

Re: Peabody Hotel is Posted

Postby Louiewu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:41 pm

The Peabody hotel is indeed posted. However one has to wonder if they would ask a paying guest to leave the premises. If they do then they are obligated to refund any and all money the guest paid. If they don't I would assume that they have decided to "unpost" the premises. Would this not be a valid position...

If they let one permit holder remain on the property (after they know he is armed) would they not be required to allow all permit holders to remain thus negating the posting?

Just curious..
Louiewu

Return to Posted Properties - General