MEMPHIS Lenny's next to work Posted!

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

MEMPHIS Lenny's next to work Posted!

Postby TN_Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:42 am

My co-worker told me the other day that the Lenny's sub shop right next to where we work is now posted as a no carry zone.

Today he and I went over there and sure enough, there was the stupid sign on the door. They, unlike most other places I have seen actually have a sign that meets the legal criteria for the signage.

Anyway, neither of us was carrying at the time as we were at work( ) but we went in, asked for the manager and when he came over we told him that we had seen the sign and we would gladly follow their wishes. We told him that, as we work next door, we typically eat there a couple of times a week but we wouldn't be doing that anymore and we would be sure to tell all the other people we work with who carry that they are posted. (this could be well over $1000 a week for them with the number of people that work with us who eat there just because of the convenience of the location) Then we both handed him the "NO carry = No $$$" business cards we both carry for just these kind of situations.

I also explained to him that I would be posting this info and the picture of the sign on several internet forums that have many, many members.

He thanked us for being civil about it and said it is the owners call on the sign not his. We told him we understood that and to please pass the info and cards on to the owner and he said he would.

So, one less place to eat but the possibility that we may sway another business to the common sense side with out courteous attitudes and civil tone.

If anyone in the Memphis Tennessee area is interested, the address of this particular Lenny's is:

521 S Highland St
Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38111-4303

It is in the University of Memphis area, right across from the new condo where the couple of abducted from the parking garage and raped and shot this summer and where we had a nut running around the area with a shotgun robbing people and shooting them for no reason last summer. This particular Lenny's is in an area that really makes sense to carry in.

I plan to email Lenny's corporate HQ and ask if this is a company policy or just this one site.

TN_Mike

Re: MEMPHIS Lenny's next to work Posted!

Postby David Lewis » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 am

Excellent post, especially including the photo!

Great job!

David
David Lewis

UPDATE

Postby TN_Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 pm

After many people called and emailed and expressed their unhappiness at the signage and their intention not to do business with Lenny's because of it, we have received word from Lenny's HQ that the owner of this store, #544 on Highland Ave, has agreed to take the sign down.

I will walk next door tomorrow and see if the sign is actually gone and post an update.
TN_Mike

Postby David Lewis » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 am

EVen better!

Excellent example of what a grassroots organization is all about!

Keep us posted--pun intended!

David
David Lewis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:41 am

Excellent results of a well planned and executed effort!

Thank you!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby johnharris » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 am

That is what it takes - but follow up and make sure the owner knows you are permit holders and you appreciate his decision.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby CSS Hunley » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 am

This is the location that I posted about here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2758 . The sign couldn't be seen on a bright day. I also talked to the manager and the corporate office. They were very friendly as I explained that I would no longer patronize this restaurant as long as it was posted. They said they would consider it. I will also check on the sign.
CSS Hunley

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Awesome this is what it's all about guys. We may have to do this one place at a time but we will get things done .
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby CSS Hunley » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 pm

I just drove by there and the sign is GONE!!!!! I would have gone in, but I just bought food at Blue Coast Burrito. :mrgreen: I'll make a point of buying something from :P Lenny's in a couple of days and thank them. If you are in the area, do the same.
Last edited by CSS Hunley on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSS Hunley

Postby lilredhunter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Hunley that is a real good idea. We all need to stop in often to the places we have been able to remove signage.I make it a point to visit all of them often so they know that I am back spending my $$$$ there.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby johnharris » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:28 am

It shows that when we take some personal responsibility and extend out to others our interests as permit holders and 2nd Amendment supporters that sometimes we do change opinions and those opinions are far more important that just a sign coming down. Those changes include subtle changes in opinions when they read news reports, when they hear news "propaganda" editorials, and when they talked with elected officials about matters such as the restaurant laws. All of these things make subtle changes in the minds of those who do not carry and thus how we handle them has the potential to win them over even if they never own a gun or get a permit.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Posted Properties - General