[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Ground gained by thoughtful dialog.

Ground gained by thoughtful dialog.

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Ground gained by thoughtful dialog.

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Last edited by C. Richard Archie on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: Ground gained by thoughtful dialog.

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 pm

There is not much I can add to what Richard said.I can say I did see the e-mails that Mr.McBride recieved some of them were pretty harsh to say the least while others just expressed displeasure with the companys decision.It is very important to let your opinion be known to business owners,media, and elected officials (or those that want to be).I would like to discourage voicing those opinions in a rude,distasteful manner. Mr. McBride spent almost an hour of his time talking with me today and I dont know how long on the phone last night with Billy Griffin(a fellow T.F.A.Member)trying to resolve this.I know this will not please everyone but I do know the ones I talked to were willing to accept concealed carry.

Butch Butler
Butch Butler

Postby bubbadavis » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:24 pm

It may be helpful to provide Mr. McBride with the information he should present to the local legal authorities. They obviously don't understand the HCP laws in Tennessee. Once asked to leave an establishment, posted or not, you can be charged with criminal trespass if you do not leave.

Too bad we don't know who started this mess. It would be nice to povide them with the education they should have gotten in their HCP class. I would like to donate a copy of John's book on carrying in TN to them!
---------------------------
TFA Life Member
NRA Life Member
bubbadavis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby ProguninTN » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 am

I support open carry, but concealed carry is better than no carry. I do suggest that this business owner brush up on the laws though. Carrying is not a "new right", the law has been in its current state since 1996. Only the off-limits locations have changed. Also, as previously stated, a person must leave when asked or face possible criminal trespass charges. Also to the business owner, "brandishing" is not in the Code of TN. Displaying a weapon can be construed as "Aggravated Assault" pursuant to 39-13-102, but having a holstered firearm is not aggravated assault. (See 39-14-1351, and AG Opinion 05-154).
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:24 pm

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Return to Posted Properties - General