[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Little General #8 302 West Main St Union City REMOVED SIGNS

Little General #8 302 West Main St Union City REMOVED SIGNS

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Little General #8 302 West Main St Union City REMOVED SIGNS

Postby Dustin Clark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Little General #8 has also posted the same sign as the Maverick store in Union City and is located on the top right corner of the door. This gas station along with 33 others within 125 miles of Union City are all owned by the same company. About four of them being in Union City. Keep a look out at the old Skaggs market on N Fifth St. and the Little General on East Main St. I expect that they will soon post also since they are all owned by Cox oil company. For a complete list of their stores their website contains a list that is not completely accurate but close to all of there stations. The old Skaggs market has put up a no smoking sign very similar to the signs on Maverick and Little General #8 but it doesnt have the no firearms portion attached to it. The #8 store was just robbed last week and the suspects were caught. I dont know why this entire company would not want handguns in these stores with this event so recent.

THANKS
DUSTIN CLARK

This is no longer an issue thanks to the Cox oil company for reconsidering the action
Last edited by Dustin Clark on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government."
Thomas Jefferson

Michael Dustin Clark
Dustin Clark

Re: Little General #8 302 West Main St Union City

Postby Butch Butler » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Mr. McBride has removed the no firearms signs from the stores as he said he would .I would like everyone to know he has done everything he can to make this work .
Butch Butler
Last edited by Butch Butler on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butch Butler

Postby tnroadrunner » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 am

We have a Little General here in McEwen which I believe it is as far east they go. I will keep an eye out for any signs.
tnroadrunner

Postby Dustin Clark » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 pm

I wanted to add that the website i refered to is www.littlegeneral.com
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government."
Thomas Jefferson

Michael Dustin Clark
Dustin Clark

Postby tnroadrunner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:34 am

The Little General here in McEwen is posted with just NO FIREMANS along with the NO SMOKING sign. Next time I go there I will give them the NO GUNS = NO MONEY card.
tnroadrunner

Postby TacticaLogic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 am

Make sure you read this post before you stop shopping at these locations: .

They have re-thought their position...

Stay safe, Stay armed,
Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby tnroadrunner » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:31 am

The LG here in McEwen has taken the NO FIREARMS off of the no smoking sign.
tnroadrunner

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:06 pm

The posting at Little General #8 in Union city has been changed. Mark McBride has lived up to his word, and the "No Firearms" signs have been removed.

I have personally spoken with Mr. McBride, and would like the membership to know that he is a stand up guy, and honors his word!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: Little General #8 302 West Main St Union City REMOVED SIGNS

Postby Sky King » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't know the store number but just this past Monday, July 5th 2010 I was through Troy Tennessee, (about 5 miles south of Union City). The Little General on Highway 51 next to the highschool has a posting but it is qualified, which I thought was a wee bit confusing.

The sign has the circle/slash international sign BUT it has qualifying verbage below it that says "NO OPEN CARRY ALLOWED".

Now this may be nit-picking BUT, the new law establishes that the circle and slash was allowed and adequate for a BAN. AND the law really doesn't include any provisions to make the ban or allowance to carry, conditional.

There was a Tennessee State Trooper in the lot who had pulled over a speeder, (beware of Troy, real speed trap) and a local police officer who was said to be a retired FBI agent, (if that really means anything here). So I went over and talked to them. I didn't really get a good reading on it from them. Only the local police said that the owner had consulted with "Nashville" (who ever that may have been) and it was decided that "this was the best way to go".

So, all I can presume is that The Little General in Troy is OK with permit holders carrying as long as they keep the weapon concealed.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby tnroadrunner » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 pm

The Little General here in McEwen has the same circle slash and the wording No open Carry. This was posted prior to the new law, so don't know how this stands now. Anyone know.
tnroadrunner

Postby Sky King » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:58 am

Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:05 am

Dustin, Butch Butler and I were intimately involved in this situation.

There was an incident were an individual open carrying caused the Owner to Post against any type of carry in all of his establishments. Butch did yeoman's service to our cause by respectfully contacting the Owner and politely stating the opportunities and legal possibilities afforded all business Owners in TN. We had a conference call with the Owner, and came to an agreement whereby licensed HCP holders are allowed to carry concealed in these venues. The TFA was involved in providing leadership to assuage the concerns of the Owner, while allowing the HCP holder to still provide for their own safety in those establishments under the control of this Owner.

I am very pleased with the outcome of these negotiations, and think it proves that rational, reasoned discourse can achieve workable solutions to issues.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to Posted Properties - General