[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Chain Restuarants Posted in All States?

Chain Restuarants Posted in All States?

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Chain Restuarants Posted in All States?

Postby bluecanary25 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:24 am

As I read various posts about our new Restuarant Carry Law, I see much speculation and rumor as to which establishments will be Posting in Tn.
My question then; What are your observations of chain restuarants, that serve alcohol, posting in other states?
For instance: It would be odd to post no guns in TN, but allow it in Georgia.
If any use "Corporate Policy" as a response to Posting, we will see if they are consistent between the states .
I hope this can be used as a tool to assist our 2A Rights.
So... which restaurants allow handguns in other states?
george
(not reel brite and not always rite)
bluecanary25

Re: Chain Restuarants Posted in All States?

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 pm

For the correct answer to this question we would really have to ask what what chains post in states that allow them to post. From what I understand some states do not allow a place to "post out" of carrying. I am not sure about Georgia but I have been told that Flordia does not allow a place of buisness to post out. If you are open to the public then you have to allow them to protect themselves while on the property.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Re: Chain Restuarants Posted in All States?

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 am

Another thing to consider is ownership. Some chain restaurants are franchises, therefore its possible for many different owners. In that instance, a chain with multiple locations in one single city could have one posted and another one not.
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Outback restaurants are posted in Tennessee

Postby BulletBillSR » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:44 pm

This is a follow up letter I sent to Mr. Joseph Kadow upon receiving a confirmation from his that Outback restaurants are posted as a matter of corporate policy. Perhaps other members might contact Mr. Kadow and let him know how they feel about the subject. The bold print was in my original email.

Bill

July 23, 2009

Dear Mr. Kadow,

Thank you for the response stating "NO GUNS" is a corporate policy of Outback. Yes, I understand the conflict of interest. What I don't understand is why you have chosen to disarm the citizen with a carry permit, yet provide no security in either your restaurant or the parking lot. The criminal, by definition breaks the law, and will pay no attention to your sign. In fact he may even consider it to be a "gun free zone," you know, the ones where most of the mass shootings have occurred, like Luby's Cafeteria; let's not forget Jonny's Sports bar in Nashville. These are places that barred the law abiding carry permit holders from carrying their sidearms into the restaurant, and they obeyed the law. Susan Gratia Hupp lost both her parents and Nicole Goeser lost her husband, both to men who ignored the law.

The majority of people who would feel uncomfortable in the present of an armed permit holder would never know if the person next to them is carrying a gun. We carry discreetly and have never created a disturbance in public places yet your corporate policy doesn't even give us a chance, though we have received 8 hours of classroom training, passed both a written test, a live fire test, and undergone a state/federal background check.

Since your corporate policy is not to allow citizens with carry permit in your restaurants, as is your choice, I will respect that. I will also make my choice not to eat at any Outback or purchase gift cards for our children and grandchildren. Simply put, you say "NO GUNS," I say "NO MONEY FOR OUTBACK." Today we ate at Ruby Tuesdays, whose corporate policy is NOT to post their property. We had a nice, quiet dinner and nobody got shot. The point is that Ruby Tuesday's respect my right to protect myself and family; Outback does not.

Until such time as Outback changes it corporate policy, I will not patronize any Outback. Just wanted to let you know that. Outback is already listed as posted property on our state gun group's web site and I think you will find that most of the 220,000+ carry permit holders will not spend their money in an Outback restaurant.

Thank for clearing things up.

William Noll
Corryton, TN
Life NRA, Life GOA, CCRKBA and
Tennessee Firearms Association

Dear Mr. Noll,

Joe Roberto forwarded your e-mail to me for response. The e-mail Joe sent you accurately states our policy and it is a corporate policy, not a local one.

We have had this policy for some time since one or two other states passed laws similar to Tennessee's recently passed law.

We recognize the conflict of interests between customers who want to bring their guns into the restaurant and other customers who are made uncomfortable by that. I understand you would reach a different conclusion, but hope that although you disagree with our conclusion you can respect the fact that we gave this issue serious consideration.

Joseph Kadow
Executive Vice President

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:29 PM
To: Joe Ruberto - JVP 0031
Subject: Re: Outback Steakhouse

Dear Mr. Doucette:

Thank you for the prompt response but you didn't answer my question--is this corporate policy or that of the local Outback?

I have no idea what your position in the Outback hierarchy is. JVP means nothing to me. I'm just trying to figure out if the "NO GUNS" is a corporate decision, or a local one.

Thank you,

William Noll

From: Joe Ruberto - JVP 0031<mailto:JosephRuberto@Outback.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:26 PM
To: wsnoll@comcast.net<mailto:wsnoll@comcast.net>
Subject: Outback Steakhouse

July 22, 2009

William Noll
6331 Ricky Allen Rd.
Corryton, TN 37721

Dear Mr. Noll,

Thank you for your recent email concerning the newly passed gun law in the State of Tennessee. While we respect the right of all citizens to bear arms, it is our decision to not allow people to do so in our restaurants. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants.

Please feel free to call me if there are any additional concerns or questions.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Bruce Doucette
615-661-8555
BulletBillSR

Return to Posted Properties - General