[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Police officers armed in Bar having lunch

Police officers armed in Bar having lunch

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Police officers armed in Bar having lunch

Postby f5fstop » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:58 pm

Isn't this illegal, unless on official business? I understand that while in Spring Hill, if the Spring Hill detectives want to have lunch in the bar, there are few who will arrest them. However, while at lunch today, two walked in without coats on, fully displaying their handguns, sat down and ordered lunch. I know one is a detective, since he is a neighbor, and I did recognize him; I only assume the other is also a detective.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..." (Richard Henry Lee)
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton)
f5fstop

Postby MitchSchaft » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:11 am

MitchSchaft

Postby marauder » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:20 pm

proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby f5fstop » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:49 pm

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..." (Richard Henry Lee)
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton)
f5fstop

Postby MitchSchaft » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:20 pm

MitchSchaft

Postby hkgonra » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:36 pm

I just recently had a discussion with a few Bartlett cops about that subject in general and the reply from all three of them was " Your permit is as good as a badge to us , you are one of the good guys and we like the idea of more people carrying. Come to think of it most cops I have ever talked to on the subject of carrying had that mentality. A West Virginia officer asked my why I wasn't carrying when I was up there last summer. I said my permit is no good in WV . His reply , "Hell , all I care is that you have one whether we officially recognize it doesn't matter to cops."
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
hkgonra

Well,

Postby f5fstop » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:08 am

As I agree that most seasoned officers have no problem with a licensed handgun permit holder, the younger gung-ho types might; or at least that is from my experience over many years. So, do I want to take a chance and carry just because some say it is ok? Can't answer that (admit nothing); however it is illegal, and not all LEOs are handgun permit holders, and you know that outcome of Murphy's Law.
I know plenty of NP rangers, and the greater majority of them are welcome ot the idea of permit holders carrying in the National Parks, but it is against their CFRs, and even though many rangers will turn their back, some won't and I don't want to be the test case.
You also have to remember one thing, and that is if you are pulled over, and they run your license, your permit pops up. At this point you will be asked if you have a handgun in the car. Now, if I have one, I would always admit this the moment the officer came over to the car. This would be whether or not I am carrying a loaded handgun legally, or have it locked in a case in the back of the car for those states I'm legally (per Title 18 US Code) transporting a handgun.
f5fstop

Re: Well,

Postby AlphaPatriot » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:28 am

AlphaPatriot
AlphaPatriot

Return to Posted Properties - General