[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - TN Airports

TN Airports

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

TN Airports

Postby Sharky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 am

Hello to everybody. I would like to first introduce myself. I am curretnly a GA resident and like to travel to the great state of TN once in a while. I have been a member for a few years of our grass roots organization here is GA, GeorgiaCarry.org. As you all have posted on your site, which I like very much, we have made some pretty great strides recently.

We are trying to put together our map showing the different state airport restrictions. Which states allow and DO NOT allow carry.

I have been reading the TN code on the state site and have been looking around here. I have not been able to find any exact code or wording regarding carry at the various airports in TN (or public transportation). I did find alot of information on signage as TN seems to put alot of weight if their business uses the proper signage. We are lucky to not have that provision here as signs carry no weight. Only verbal interactions asking us to leave have any wieght for property and business owners.

Can anybody please point me in the direction or provide me with an answer, with the documented support (so we can reference)?

As you all have heard, our group is suing the Airport and our Mayor for their ignorance of the new bill HB89 stating public transportaion terminals are no longer off limits. Kind of like how they lost the last lawsuit regarding state pre-emption for state, county, and city parks.

I appreciate your help and apologize if I have broken a rule of posting or have offended any of you asking for this informaiton. It is not my intention at all. Just trying to work with other grass roots organizations for the common goal. If we can be of any assistance as well please let me know. We have lots of helpful folks here in GA ;)
Sharky

Re: TN Airports

Postby SomeGuy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Unrestricted parts of airports are OK to carry in, and I do not see why public transportation would be off limits unless posted either.

As far as something to cite, the simple fact that you haven't found anything is because we have no restrictions on those areas.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby tjbert47 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Metro BNA airport has recently posted no gun signs at all the general avaition entrances. :x

Tom in TN
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
tjbert47

Postby robbiev » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 am

Memphis' aiport has signs posted

http://www.rrmemphis.com/airport2.jpg
A .32 makes a great backup gun. If your primary gun fails you can't get to your knife, take out your .32 and beat your opponent to death with it.
robbiev

Postby Sharky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks Everybody. I appreciate the help. I was pretty much thinking the sign thing was the deal up there.
Sharky

Return to Posted Properties - General