Smokey Bones 2225 Gunbarrel Chattanooga POSTED

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Smokey Bones 2225 Gunbarrel Chattanooga POSTED

Postby benburke » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm

My wife and I went to Smokey Bones (2225 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga) after church today and I noticed a new "pursuant to TN code 39-17-1359..." sign. I handed the greeter my coupon and said, "Well, I can't eat here anymore," and I told her why. She asked if I would like to speak to a manager. She went and got him and I told him that I can't eat here anymore until that sign comes down. He was speechless as we left.
benburke

Re: Smokey Bones 2225 Gunbarrel Chattanooga POSTED

Postby benburke » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 am

After sending an email to their corporate office yesterday, I just received this reply:

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:44 AM
To: Ben Burke
Subject: RE: Ben Burke - negative

Dear Mr Burke

Thank you for your feedback and for expressing your concerns regarding this notice. After some review on our part the notice in question is being removed.

Sincerely

Fraser Humphreys
Guest Relations Manager | Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
benburke

Postby benburke » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 am

Here was my email to their corporate office which persuaded them to remove the sign:

Comments : My wife and I visited Smokey Bones after church yesterday and I noticed a new "pursuant to TN code 39-17-1359..." sign. I gave the greeter my coupon and advised her, "I can't eat here anymore." She asked why and I showed her the sign that is now at the front entrance. She encouraged me to speak to the manager and I did. I have had a thorough background check, trained in the use of a firearm, and licensed by the state of Tennessee to carry a firearm. My wife and I left and went to a restaurant that does not prevent me from defending my family. All these signs do is tell the criminals that the patrons inside are not armed and unable to protect themselves. You are asking, yes, inviting such a horrific incident by posting and preventing law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. I will spend my money at other restaurants that allow me to protect my family.
benburke

Postby Idahoser » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm

That's great! Congrats!
Idahoser

Postby David Lewis » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Good job!
David Lewis

Return to Restaurants