[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Online restaurant database with Google Map

Online restaurant database with Google Map

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Online restaurant database with Google Map

Postby wizardpc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:57 pm

After several months of coding, testing, and collaboration with other volunteers [most notably fl0at], we now have a searchable database that is user updatable.

http://www.tfaonline.org/restaurant

You may use that link on your desktop or your smartphone. We've tested with I believe every desktop browser as well as the default browsers for Android, iPhone, and Blackberry. Or, you can scan the QR Code below:

The list comes from the state liquor board. IT ONLY CONTAINS PLACES WITH LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSES. Restaurants with Beer-only permits may or may not be listed. If the restaurant is less than a year old, it may not be listed. If an address isn't correct, or a place that serves liquor isn't listed, note it here with as much information as possible and I'll add it.

Anyone may view the database, but to make changes you must register. A valid email address is required, and the same email may not be used more than once. Eventually, we'd like to integrate it with the forum's user database but being an all-volunteer force we haven't had the time to tackle that yet. When we do, membership to the forum will be required to update locations.

and are soliciting feedback.

Things we KNOW are quirky right now:
--In order to search on the main page, you must select a city first. Searching the entire state does not work.
--When logging in to make changes, you MUST select "Remember me." If you don't it'll just ask you to log in again.
--If you forget your password, you're out of luck. There isn't a reset function yet. Email me at wizardpc at wallsofthecity dot net if you forget your password and I'll nuke your account. You'll have to re-register.

Things we want to add, but haven't had the time yet:
--Automatic location tracking, with a search radius (for smartphones). That way, you just hit the link and it shows you all the liquor licensees within say 2 miles. Useful for marking restaurants you drive by, or picking a place to eat nearby.
--The ablilty for users to add locations. This will also be helpful for adding other businesses (CBL Malls, American Signature Furniture, Regions, etc)

Anything other than what I've listed here, fire away. If you decide to share this with other forums, I ask that you link to this post instead of the web page so they can see the explanations and caveats here.
Last edited by wizardpc on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wizardpc

Re: Online restaurant database with Google Map

Postby fl0at » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Neat.

Although you can search the whole state, you just need to have the dropdown set to "Select a City" instead of "Entire State."

And, as soon as I shoot you a PM with the solution to this problem, it should be a fairly simple fix.

Awesome. Now if we can get JW to use it, Memphis will be almost taken care of...
fl0at

Postby Butch Butler » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:48 pm

This will be a Great Addition to The TFA website.I do have a question ,I just checked the map for Union City and it said 12 results found but only 9 ballons.Are some of the locations so close that they are covered by another ballon?
Will this be added to the TFA homepage or will you have to go through the forum?
Butch
Butch Butler

Postby fl0at » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:53 pm

fl0at

Postby Butch Butler » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks,
Buckets and Los Portales are both in a strip mall.
Butch Butler

Postby David Lewis » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:31 am

Absolutely awsome work, guys! This is just great!!!

I'm making this an Announcement to keep it at the top of the subforum.

I already know of some places that I could update, so...

How does one register?

David
David Lewis

Postby fl0at » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:17 am

fl0at

Postby wizardpc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:26 am

Added QR Code.
wizardpc

Re: Problem joining

Postby jwtownsend49 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

I had a problem. I wanted to enter some updates and tried to join. When I received the verification email, though, I clicked on the link but the verification did not occur. Now, I can't rejoin and I can't enter my updates.
jwtownsend49

Postby jwtownsend49 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

What difference does it make here if the signs conform or not? To me, if a sign says no firearms, no weapons, etc., I leave my gun outside and tell folks it's posted. I don't carry the Code with me, I don't have it memorized, AND I'm not up for challenging restaurant managers.
jwtownsend49

Postby David Lewis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

David Lewis

Postby jwtownsend49 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks.
jwtownsend49

Some map updates

Postby jwtownsend49 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:22 am

A couple of map updates: Cozymel's Coastal Grill and Jarrett's in Memphis have been closed a few months now.
jwtownsend49

Postby morg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm

How about a hot email key or notification system on changes.

I just saw that "wizardpc" labeled the downtown Nashville Joe's Crab Shack as not posted when if fact they have a non conforming sticker just inside the door. I would want pcwizard to know where I saw the sign and, therefore why I changed his/her setting.
morg

Return to Restaurants