Huey's Collierville, 2130 W. Poplar, Collerville-POSTED(?)

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Huey's Collierville, 2130 W. Poplar, Collerville-POSTED(?)

Postby jwtownsend49 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am

Not posted 8/5/2010.
Last edited by jwtownsend49 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwtownsend49

Re: Huey's Collierville, 2130 W. Poplar, Collerville-NOT POSTED

Postby Sky King » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 am

I wonder if this reflects a change in attitude or policy. I was at the Hueys on Germantown Road a couple of months ago and it was posted. (I wouldn't have gone in but I was with a group that was already there) I had to look for it but it was there. The posting was only about 3 or 4 inches tall and maybe 6 to 8 inches wide. Half of the post had the international circle and slash the the right half had the verbage. BUT it was located ABOVE the SECOND set of doors. Given its location and size it would be pretty easy to miss but I made a specific effort to look.

Again, it is situations like this that showcases the need for the posting location and size to be more specific in the law. These owners/managers DO NOT want to post that sign because they feel it has a negative impact on customers. MAYBE if they were REQUIRED to put it where it is OBVIOUS and more in your face, they might feel they would rather just not post. I don't know, just my thought.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby fl0at » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38 am

Huey's at 4872 Poplar is posted.

At any rate, David created a thread here (viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3451) for all Not Posted restaurants to go into. That way when the members come to the board and hit "New Posts," we don't have to fight through 50 different Not Posted threads.

Can you start putting them in that thread (viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3451), please? Thanks much sir!
fl0at

Postby jwtownsend49 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:53 pm

I will look again, just to be sure. If the restaurant did have a sign, it sure was inconspicuous, and even though I looked carefully, I could have missed it. If you go by before I get there again, would you let me know what you find. Thanks.
jwtownsend49

Re: Huey's Collierville, 2130 W. Poplar, Collerville-POSTED(?)

Postby jwtownsend49 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Sam, I went by the Collierville Huey's again today and here's what I found. This Huey's sits at the corner of Poplar to the south and Houston Levee to the east. The restaurant itself sits on the southeast corner of a small shopping center. There are two entrances to the restaurant, one on the south and a second just around the corner on the east. Both entrances lead into an alcove with a door leading into the restaurant. The inside door is not posted, nor is the east door. However, the south door is, but the sign is very inconspicuous. It is no more than waist high, if that, and It is just outside the door jamb on the hinge side of the door. The door jamb juts our just enough so that if you come down the sidewalk form the handle side of the door, the door jamb hides it. I looked closely the other night, but a group was waiting outside on the door jamb side, hiding the sign even more. I didn't think to ask them to move, though, I guess I could have. Frankly, I don't know if the sign was up when I was last there. Considering what I learned on this second trip, I changed the title from NOT POSTED to POSTED(?) since I don't think the posted is enforceable, but a legal carrier could have to put of with a lot of grief if he or she goes in armed.
jwtownsend49

Re: Huey's Collierville, 2130 W. Poplar, Collerville-POSTED(?)

Postby Louiewu » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 pm

All of the Huey's establishments are indeed posted per the owners request. I don't know if it was posted by the children after Mr Thomas Boggs death or not but as of today they are all posted with the generic red circle no guns emblem. But ut is a clear decal on a glass door downtown which makes it a bit tough to see as small as it is...
Louiewu

Return to Restaurants