Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, Kirby Parkway, Memphis—POSTED

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, Kirby Parkway, Memphis—POSTED

Postby jwtownsend49 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 am

I ordered pizza here 6/19/10. I was surprised to see off to the side of the side door a small, inconspicuous sign saying firearms were banned inside. The wording was appropriate but I would have missed the sign if I hadn't looked for it. I have qualms now about patronizing this restaurant even though I have been an Exlines' customer since the mid seventies. The neighborhood is just too questionable. I have no idea if firearms are banned in the other Exline's restaurants.
Last edited by jwtownsend49 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwtownsend49

Re: Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, Kirby Parkway, Memphis

Postby Sky King » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:41 am

Yes, my wife and I were about to go into the Exlines in Bartlett a week or so ago. My wife was already through the second door when I saw the notice. I called to her and advised her we would not be staying or eating here because they don't want my business. I said it loud enough to be heard by the people working inside.

Their posted notice was appropriately worded as it appeared that all they had done at that time was to take the notice as it appears in TCA, do a page print on plain paper and taped it to the door.

I too am disapointed as we have eaten at Exlines many times and really like their pizza.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Re: Exlines' Best Pizza in Town, Kirby Parkway, Memphis

Postby jwtownsend49 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 am

The sad part is I have patronized Exlines' since the mid seventies. I will miss it. I think they truly had the best pizza in town.
jwtownsend49

Return to Restaurants