[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Crown and Goose Pub - Knoxville - POSTED

Crown and Goose Pub - Knoxville - POSTED

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Crown and Goose Pub - Knoxville - POSTED

Postby tkdmavrick » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:22 am

Yesterday my wife and I went to the Crown anbd Goose Pub (an English styled "pub") to watch the England World Cup soccer game and found out that the place is posted ("no firearms allowed" sign along with the circle and slash). Had promised the wife that we would enjoy the game there, so left things in the car trunk, but of course will never revisit.
David Morrow
Knoxville

Proud Member:
TFA
Life Member NRA
SAF
VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)
tkdmavrick

Re: Crown and Goose Pub - Knoxville - POSTED

Postby TNReb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 am

And I hope you let them know that and why you will not revisit. We all need to be sure that we not only discontinue our support for these businesses, but also that we politely let them know why. I also like to let them know that not only am I going to cease doing business with them but that I am also going to do what you did and let as many people as I can know about their position. Thanks for letting us know!
TNReb

Postby tkdmavrick » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 am

Well once I disarmed, I decided that I might as well enjoy the game (which was lousy) and enjoy some English ale on tap. I couldn't realistically go complain to the manager about their current "no firearms" policy, after drinking two beers (over 2 1/2 hours), because it would have been a situation of "see you HCP holders WIILL violate the law anyway - guns and alcohol don't mix". If the place was not posted, I would have drunk diet coke.
David Morrow
Knoxville

Proud Member:
TFA
Life Member NRA
SAF
VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)
tkdmavrick

Postby RobertNashville » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:24 am

One thing anyone with a computer with internet access can do after such an incident is to write a letter (not an email but an actual letter). Thankfully, the post office has made that pretty easy.

I use Click2Mail often (). I compose letters in Word, convert them to PDF files (although that step isn't really necessary), upload it, pick the type of letter I want (they do everything from a basic latter to certified to Express, mail, etc) and then Click2Mail will actually print the letter (just as if it came off your own laser printer, put it in a real envelope and mail it. A basic letter will cost you a couple of bucks including the postage but it saves a LOT of time and hassle.

Now; it isn't a handwritten letter and it doesn't have quite the "look and feel" of a letter done by the more traditional method of typing/printing, putting a single stamp on it and mailing so perhaps, it's not a powerful of a statement as doing it the old fashioned way. BUT, I would suggest that it makes a much more powerful statement than an email without really being any more difficult than email (likely the hardest part is getting the mailing address!).
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Return to Restaurants