[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Lenny's Sub Shop near U of Memphis

Lenny's Sub Shop near U of Memphis

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Lenny's Sub Shop near U of Memphis

Postby CSS Hunley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:46 pm

I nearly got myself in trouble. As I went into Lenny's I checked the door area for posting (even they they don't serve alcohol) and saw none except against smoking. I was open carrying. I ordered my sandwiches and had a seat at a table while waiting. That's when I noticed a silhouette of a gun with a slash through it on the door that I had entered. :shock: I immediately covered my gun and apologized to the manager as I had seen him notice my handgun. Thankfully, he was not concerned about it. I did tell him that I would not be back because of their policy even though I did like their food.
When I left the store, I looked at the sign and saw why I didn't see it. It was a clear decal with black lettering and slash/pistol symbol. From the outside, it was practically invisible. I locked my gun in my car and went in to tell him that if they are going to ban guns, that they need to get a sign that is clearly visible, because I didn't want others to unknowingly break the law, as in the situation that I found myself.
CSS Hunley

Re: Lenny's Sub Shop near U of Memphis

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:51 am

I thought that all of the Lenny's had shut down. I know all of the ones we hve up here are closed. Any way you only would have gotten in troube if he had asked you to leave and you didn't.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby tkdmavrick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:29 pm

You did not break the law by carrying in Lenny's because they had an improperly posted sign. I am no attorney, but I have done some research on this specific topic. A proper posting would have put you in jeopardy of carrying with an intent to go armed, because your HCP would not have been a valid defense. Since it was improperly posted, your HCP protected you from the intent. However, if you were asked to leave by the store manager and you had not complied, you would have been guilty of criminal trespass. If you had really made an issue and refused I suppose you could have been charged with aggravated criminal trespass.

You might wish to make a political statement by carrying openly, but your scenario is a perfect example why concealed carry may be the better option. If the manager had NEVER seen your gun, it would never have become an issue.
David Morrow
Knoxville

Proud Member:
TFA
Life Member NRA
SAF
VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)
tkdmavrick

Postby CSS Hunley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:52 pm

CSS Hunley