[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Outback restaurants posted by corporate edict

Outback restaurants posted by corporate edict

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Outback restaurants posted by corporate edict

Postby BulletBillSR » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 am

BulletBillSR

Re: Outback restaurants posted by corporate edict

Postby S&W29 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Has Outback accurately posted all of its franchises? I do not eat there often enough to know. If not, I do not see how anyone would know it was corporate policy not to allow HCP holders to carry.
S&W29

Postby BulletBillSR » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:17 pm

BulletBillSR

Postby GraceOutcast » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:56 pm

GraceOutcast

Postby CSS Hunley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 pm

CSS Hunley

Postby KevinMcCauley » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby tkdmavrick » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Outback is now issuing a standard reply when you tell them that you won't visit their restaurant. They obviously don't care. They can take their bloomin' onion and __________ (fill in the blank).

Here is their now standard reply:

Thank you for your recent email concerning the newly passed gun law in the State of Tennessee. While we respect the right of all citizens to bear arms, it is our decision to not allow people to do so in our restaurants. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants.

Please feel free to call me if there are any additional concerns or questions.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Bruce Doucette

Outback Steakhouse

615-661-8555
Last edited by tkdmavrick on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Morrow
Knoxville

Proud Member:
TFA
Life Member NRA
SAF
VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)
tkdmavrick

Postby JayC » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:21 am

JayC

Re: Outback restaurants go to Logan's

Postby morg » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Logan's is a wonderful alternative to Outback.

Gallatin location is one of my favorite.

I know that we could get buried under a list of places to go BUT I must add another to the list. . .

I took my kids downtown for some business at the symphany.

Downtown Nashville, 10pm is not my favorite area.

We hit Joe's Crab Shack for a late dinner and felt welcome.

An accident between two servers sent the manager to our table and the conversation took off.

After asking about their plans, I thanked him for not posting.

He asked if I was armed and before I could answer he laughed and said that if anything happens, he would just come hide under our table.

Expensive (including $20 tip) but now on my list for downtown eateries.

Morg
morg

Postby SomeGuy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:34 am

I'd be tempted to call back, just as a courtesy to inform him I would gladly abide by his policy, by eating elsewhere.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby joe_aurelio » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:01 am

joe_aurelio

Postby Tim Nunan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:54 pm

It has been reported that the manager of the Outback restaurant in Cleveland stated they will not be prohibiting guns. We can hope that more managers will use common sense rather than blindly follow the corporate agenda.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby fl0at » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 pm

fl0at

Postby GraceOutcast » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 pm

I open carry in Wal*Mart on a consistent basis.
So far I haven't had a single incident.....
GraceOutcast

Postby Dan Lee » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am

These restaurants are making a big Misteak.. Sorry couldn't resist.. :mrgreen:

I think the TFA has the right idea with the restaurant cards. I would also add though, that you can leave cards like this at ANY business, or strike up conversations about it with the managers. I do it about once a week somewhere.
Dan Lee

Postby David Lewis » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:51 pm

David Lewis

Postby rich » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Well, you guys have inspired me to jump on the band wagon. He probably won't even read it. If someone gets the contact info for the Jackson restaurant manager I would like to send them a copy as well. Here is what I wrote:

I have always enjoyed dining in your restaurants. In fact, it is a must on my wifes birthday. I understand the tough situation you guys must be in these days with the controversy over gun rights. I know there are people that would like to think that signs help create a utopia where violence doesn't exist. Unfortunately we all know this isn't the case. I know you want your customers to feel comfortable. But what happens when they leave? Is there anyone to help them feel comfortable then, in your parking lot? I under went an extensive background check not to mention the 8 hour class and the actual qualification to get my permit. I want you to know that I would be okay with not carrying in your restaurant if everyone that enters has had a background check and you can guarantee that not one person in the restaurant is an armed felon. In other words the mere presence of the sign does not guarantee any ones safety. So comfort is the only guarantee the sign offers and it isn't real. I carry a firearm for protection and possibly the protection of others around me. My weapon is not to gain leverage in an argument and is not a vent for my anger. I have been in many day to day dealings that often test my patience and I have never dreamed of using my firearm for any other reason that what I have already mentioned. But I do realize that there is a chance I may need it one day. If the need for it arose I pray to God that someone good, someone on my side has a weapon. But the good guys obey the law so your signs will have unarmed them. The truth is, in this day and age the criminals are armed and they hate and they are angry. If you really study the facts, you will learn that virtually no crime have been committed by permit holding citizens. I am truly sorry that you have taken this stance. I will surely miss your signature prime rib, your bloomin onion, your hot wings, your herb potatoes and many more. But I will not miss my right to defend myself or my constitutional right, for I shall not trade them for your fine cuisine.

Rich Thompson
Darden TN
rich

Postby joe_aurelio » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:44 am

I have posted the letter to the Texas CHL Forum and to the Defensive Carry Forums to find out if Outback denies concealed carry in other states. In the other states that allow restaurant carry, they do not ban. So it appears that Mr. Joe Ruberto is either not aware of the facts or is blowing smoke. Either way, since economics is the only thing that corporations like Outback understand, I think we should apply economic pressure via our friends in other states so the entire chain suffers.
joe_aurelio

Postby joe_aurelio » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 am

I have posted the Outback Steakhouse "Corporate Policy" at . Over a thousand concealed carry people have viewed the thread. It is quite evident that Outback is not enforcing their "Corporate Policy" in either TN or in other states.
joe_aurelio

Return to Restaurants