[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Demos, Demos’, Painturo’s, Castle Heights Chop House, etc

Demos, Demos’, Painturo’s, Castle Heights Chop House, etc

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Demos, Demos’, Painturo’s, Castle Heights Chop House, etc

Postby johnharris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: Demos, Demos’, Painturo’s, Castle Heights Chop House, etc

Postby backwoodsman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm

So now they're saying we're wanna be cops?they must not realize the cops are mops, there to mop up the blood and gather evidence once the deed is done. they must not realize that when only criminals have guns,then the criminals are free to murder at will.they worry about the drunks taking guns because somehow the HCP holder has become somehow unaware he or she has their weapon. I have yet to meet either an HCP holder or non HCP holder ever becoming unaware of a holstered weapon which has to be to what they refer to since it would be extremely difficult to reach down a mans pants to retrieve a weapon, everyone I know is completely aware at all times of a weapon in their holster and reflexively covers when someone stands near it.,I suspect very little if any knowledge of firearms from those making these statements as well as being fortunate enough to not be accosted at gunpoint, personally I have been robbed at gunpoint with a military 1911 45 cal semi-auto pressed into my forehead, just before this was done I witnessed the weapon being cocked in saw the flash of brass in the breach, It was highly loaded. I was robbed of everything on my person and dumped in a high crime area of town, where I called a cab, meanwhile I was confronted during the wait time, it gets lengthy, however I survived, and remember it vividly now 30 years later. perhaps they did not want to bloody their car, I was lucky, it could have gone the other way and I would have been a statistic. I do not take my permit lightly. I cherish it! I believe freedom means having a level playing field with the criminal element, cops have a tough job ,but the odds of them being there when you need them..very slim. I dont think I've shared this story with our members before, but I am getting fed up with liberal hogwash and the idea we are all always safe.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby torque91 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

Here is a short, to the point email I sent to Demo's:

I would like to voice my disappointment in your decision to restrict law abiding customers from arming themselves in your restaurant. I say "law abiding" because, as we all know, only law abiding individuals will be affected by this decision. A sign on the door will not prevent anyone bent on harming others from breaking this restriction. I have confidence that those responsible enough to obtain the proper license for carrying a handgun and responsible enough to honor your restriction against bringing a handgun into your restaurant would also be responsible enough to abide by the restriction against consuming alcohol while armed. All you have accomplished by placing this restriction is the loss of mine and hundreds of other honorable people's business.
Thank you,
Greg Johnson
torque91

Postby torque91 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm

...and their response:

"Dear Mr. Johnson:

Thank you very much for your comments regarding our decision to not allow guns in Demos'. This was a very difficult decision, and frankly, I am very irritated with the State legislators to place the decision in our hands. No one in the hospitality industry wants to say "no" to anyone. It is against our nature as business people in the service industry. However, considering the phone calls we received on both sides of this issue, we were going to have to decide against someone's position causing them to choose to not eat with us.

I find it interesting that the State felt it was important enough to change the law, but that they considered the issue unimportant enough because they gave business owners an option to not follow it. They don't give us options on health regulations, employment laws, building codes, etc... Many of our "business friendly" legislators did not factor this in their decision.

This was equally disturbing to me as I am a big believer in 2nd Amendment rights, but prior to the new law, no one was allowed to carry guns in our restaurant anyway. We felt that since people were eating with us without fear of it being a dangerous place before, then we would continue with the practice.

Also, by continuing with not allowing guns in our restaurant, we do not have to manage who has a carry permit and who does not; who is drinking with a gun and who is not. Now, we can just not allow guns at all and let the police, who are trained in these matters handle a situation if we see a gun on our premises.

Again, I hate the fact that you will not visit our restaurant, and I hope you will change your mind one day. I write you this letter in the hope that you understand why we were forced by the State to choose the way we did. If you continue to feel strongly about this, I encourage you to contact your representatives to have them actually choose a position, and not leave it up to businesses that only want to
serve all of our customers regardless of their beliefs.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,

Peter Demos

P.S. A list of your legislators may be found at www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/"

Seems they just don't understand that bad guys don't read signs:(
torque91

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I got the same letter.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 pm

I suggest that the Legislature give the man what he wants, and remove the ability to opt out. There is no empirical data to suggest that allowing us our Constitutional rights increases crime, rather it in fact reduces it. I do not read in Section 26 where it says that the Citizen has the right to bear arms in some places, I do see where it says that the Legislature has the power to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime. Anyone who is honest realizes that allowing the HCP Holder to be armed in these establishments will help to do that very thing.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby Rbtama101 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Update on Demos' downtown Nashville at Commerce Street and 3rd, as of 12/12/10.

There is not a single posting of any type on any of the entrances going into Demos'.

Inside, on the wall to the right as you're facing the bar, is an old style "misdemeanor and $2,500 fine for drinking while possessing a firearm" sign. That is the only thing in the restaurant that has anything to do with firearms of any sort. I scouted and examined every door, placard, sign, and window pane they had.

I open carry everywhere and have never been accosted or even questioned. Considering that I was in the heartland of the enemy and having read the post here about the management’s view, plus the liberal type that frequent that place, I thought it best to not. I don't want to prompt any posting that might result from my open carry because they simply forgot to hang the signs.

I will be posting this twice.
Rbtama101

Postby macville » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 am

macville

Postby photoguy67 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 am

I got a certificate in the mail for a free meal to Demo's for my birthday and promptly mailed it back to them and replied, thank you but I choose not to do business with places that do no honor my constitutional rights. They return mailed it to me and stated that they had not posted and do allow guns in their place of businesses. Wife and I went back for a visit and no postings per their statement, at least the location in Hendersonville.
photoguy67

Postby mcgyver210 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:15 am

I know the owner of Demos & to my knowledge after speaking with him he never posted or ordered signs. He also said he wasn't decided on if he would post or not when the first law passed.
mcgyver210

Postby tdfirearms » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 pm

I ate at Demos' in Murfreesboro Sunday night and there not any postings. Nice to eat where I am welcomed.
tdfirearms

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 pm

ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby tdfirearms » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 pm

When was the leter sent from Mr. Demos? I guess the Murfreesboro location did not get the notice to post or they have changed their position about posting.
tdfirearms

Postby David Lewis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

David Lewis

Return to Restaurants