Buffalo Wild Wings, Memphis

List the restaurant name in the title. If necessary, use multiple posts to list multiple restaurants. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Buffalo Wild Wings, Memphis

Postby CSS Hunley » Sun May 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Buffalo Wild Wings in Poplar Plaza (Poplar and Highland) has a new large sign on the door that says that they ban handguns. I don't know about the other locations. It has begun! Let's go out of our way to visit these businesses that put up signs and let them know that they are losing our business. :x
CSS Hunley

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings, Memphis

Postby joe_aurelio » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 am

I expect that a lot of restaurants will be posting once the Senate votes to override.

My question what is the consensus of how we deal with these businesses...ignore, discuss with the owner/manager/etc. The other point is we need to know if they are using a legal sign. If it isn't of the legal variety...do we even worry about it or do we discuss it with management?

I would love to hear folks thought on these issues as well as comments from lawyers and law enforce members of TFA.

Thanks
Joe
joe_aurelio

Postby johnharris » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:56 am

In the past when these issues have come up with places like Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Blockbuster and others, we have generally taken the position of making sure that we, in some polite manner, communicate to these restaurants that they are loosing business. If we don't make a presentation in a context where they see that they are loosing a desirable customer as a result of a voluntary decision, then they will feel assured rather than question their policy. In my opinion, saying nothing assumes that they will figure it out and well, they would not have posted in the first place if they had figured it out.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 am

Hopefully our new web site will continue to have the letter generator for such businesses.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Return to Restaurants