Knoxville City Council meeting critical for local gun rights

Discussion and planning relative to local legislation impacting firearms owners

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Knoxville City Council meeting critical for local gun rights

Postby lenniswaggoner » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm

On August 25 at 7 pm at the city county building, the right to carry in parks and on Knoxville's dangerous bike trails is going to get a second chance. Our liberal City Council had found a way to ban guns in parks and bike trails by using a loop hole in the new state carry law that makes ordinances that are 20 years or older exempt from state law.
Council man Steve Hall plans to introduce an ordinance to OPT IN for a first reading, which should give the liberal elitists on council a collective heart attack. We need to call the members of city council and put some pressure on them and we need to show up and let them know what we think. If you love the second amendment, if you love freedom, if you don't want the rights we worked so hard to get on a state level, stolen from you, be there. Go to my blog at WBIR.com and check out lennisw, "Freedom Rears its Head Inspite of Knoxville City Council,"( hit voices and views, Blogs), you will find contact information on all the council members.
lenniswaggoner

Re: Knoxville City Council meeting critical for local gun rights

Postby Michael1228279 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Lenniswaggoneer,

Looked on WBIR, and couldn't find the article....would you post a url?
Michael1228279

Postby my45acp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 pm

We had an opportunity to talk to Gerry Holman, 3rd district Knoxville city council candidate. He was asked how he would vote on the parks bill and he stated he supported the 2nd and felt like permit holders should be able to carry in parks. Please support him as we need to put pro-gun people on the city council.
my45acp

Postby listont@gmail.com » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Knoxville has set another workshop for September 3rd, at 5 pm in the Main Assembly Room of the City-County Building. No weapons allowed. They screen you at the entrance.

Please come and show your support for parks carry in Knoxville.

Contact Council members at:
http://www.cityofknoxville.org/citycouncil/default.asp

You can call beforehand and sign up to speak to the council.
listont@gmail.com

Postby david_g17 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:24 am

Any status on this? How did it turn out?
david_g17

Postby lenniswaggoner » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Mike, the article with the links to the city council members is called "Freedom rears its head again, inspite of Knoxville City Council" and is available in my blog archives. The latest post from me is called "Anti guns in parks politicians try to duck accountability" and the URL is http://www.wbir.com/life/community/pers ... 01fb5d569t. Tuesday night they have their first vote on this and talking to these councilmen is critical. They are only going to give in if they think they have no choice.
lenniswaggoner

Return to Legislation - Local