[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Spring Hill Votes Down Park Carry "Opt Out" Resolution

Spring Hill Votes Down Park Carry "Opt Out" Resolution

Discussion and planning relative to local legislation impacting firearms owners

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Spring Hill Votes Down Park Carry "Opt Out" Resolution

Postby Dan Lee » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:37 pm

I have been in dialogue with the Spring Hill City government about Park Carry in TN for about a week & a half. Unfortunately I feel that several of them have been blowing smoke at me. However we do have a few advocates on the Alderman's board, & one of them sent me the following today:

"I have received notice that this will be on our agenda for the August
meetings (2nd/3rd Mondays 7 pm)." (Meaning Parks Carry)

I am a new TFA member, but I haven't gotten my membership info yet, so I made this account/login (first & middle name) so I could make sure that anyone in Spring Hill, comes to these meeting with me if possible. If anyone would like to meet beforehand to discuss our points, please feel free to message me. I will be checking my PM's here from now on. I will also check this thread for any questions.
Last edited by Dan Lee on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Lee

Some good news.

Postby Dan Lee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Dan Lee

Re: Park Carry now on Spring Hill Agenda

Postby David Lewis » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Dan--

Lord willing, I'll be there. I look forward to meeting you.

Mike Sanders (TacticaLogic) & I, representing TFA, are on the agenda to address the BOMA during their planning session on Monday, 10 August 2009. We plan on presenting a PowerPoint presentation like the one John presented to the Metro Council last week in Nashville.

PM me & let's talk.

Hope to see you Monday!

David
David Lewis

Postby Dan Lee » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 am

Just to update you on last night's meeting in Spring Hill. Basically 4 of the 8 alderman gave us the ol' liberal "It's for the children" mantra.. The mayor is going to vote against any opt out resolution. If you own a firearm & especially if you have a carry permit, we really need you to voice your concerns to these alderman. & show up at next Monday's meeting at 7PM. One of the alderman (who will remain nameless for now) has a pretty twisted view of our US & Tennessee Constitutions. Basically he sounded like he was reading from an old Sonia Sotomayor college paper about how the Federal Government is the only entity that has a right to bear arms.

It was disappointing to me that several of my City's alderman sat up there & told some pretty suspicious war stories, most of which were not verifiable, & contained only emotional arguments. The bottom line is if they decide to vote on this, as it stands it will be a close margin. Gun owners in Spring Hill need to speak up. Protecting ourselves and our family is not only a God given right, but also a Constitutional one. Please contact the Mayor & the board of alderman at the very least. Thanks for David Lewis & Mike Sanders for coming & giving a wonderful presentation on behalf of the TFA.
Dan Lee

Postby Dan Lee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Tonight is the vote in Spring Hill.. It would be great to have as many people come out as possible in support of Carrying in Spring Hill Parks. Alderman's Meeting is at 7PM, city hall.
Dan Lee

Postby ProguninTN » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:06 pm

ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby David Lewis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 pm

By a 5-4 vote, the Mayor & Board of Aldermen of Spring Hill defeated the resolution to "opt out" of allowing HCP holders to carry in city parks.

Much thanks to those who spoke, and to the Aldermen who voted to respect the rights of those who carry legally.

David
David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 am

The comments from many of Spring Hills citizens were awesome. The guy who wrote the essay would make a good public speaker. The comments made by the TFA members were extremely precise and to the point with no bull. Dan & David made excellent points and all went well. I was getting a little worried toward the end but I got nervous over nothing. Great job Dan, Mike and David!! (in no particular order.) Congratulations to the people of Spring Hill.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby Dan Lee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 am

To everyone that came, thanks for your support.. Talking to the Alderman off the record after the meeting was eye opening. A couple who opposed allowing people to carry in Parks were pretty torn about it, & I did see them decide rightly on another Constitutional issue that came up tonight,as well as show some fiscal restraint on another issue. I think the bottom line is that now would be a good time for this WHOLE country to revisit our roots in the Constitution. Sometimes it's not that people are opposing you just for the sake of doing so, but rather because they themselves are overwhelmed with misinformation, or being barraged from all sides on an issue. Whatever the case, I believe that on the whole the Alderman & the Mayor of Spring Hill made the correct decision for freedom. Thanks to everyone who showed up to make the case for the Constitutional rights of the citizens, & for the civil discourse that was displayed by all parties during the debate at City Hall. ~D
Dan Lee

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:21 am

Good job of carrying the correct information to the Board of Aldermen. We all owe you thanks for the work you have done.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: Spring Hill Votes Down Park Carry "Opt Out" Resolution

Postby lilredhunter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 am

I also wanted to say that everyone from TFA that were present looked and behaved in an extremely Professional manner. Even with one "Concerned Citizen", who, in my opinion seemed hostile, was very unprofessional and 99% of what he said was lies.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Return to Legislation - Local