[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - park signs

park signs

Discussion and planning relative to local legislation impacting firearms owners

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

park signs

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:56 am

I have been told to post a park legally the signs had to be 50 feet apart unless it was totally enclosed.can anyone provide where i can find this in the law.
Butch Butler

Re: park signs

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 pm

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:28 pm

When i talked to the city attorney i had him read this code and he said [ if i understood him correctly] the laws were so vauge it would be up to inturpitation some cities done it on way other cities another.He also said he did not think that the city would be liable to H.C.P. holders if they were hurt on banned property owned by the city.
Butch Butler

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 pm

I made a mistake in my transfer of information to you, I did not take the time to vet my source fully, and for that I apologize. I failed to follow my own first rule, and that is to verify any figure that is used to bolster our efforts.

I have looked it up, and have posted it above. When I contacted TWRA about Posting my property against trespassers, they sent me the Law, and for me to be able to prosecute law breakers, i had to satisfy the letter of that law if I wanted to avail myself of it's protection. If I put them up, and the criminal element tears them down, i am responsible to replace them, and until I do, my property is not legally Posted. The same will hold true for any entity that Post, whether they like that fact or not, it is the Law!

That being said, the City Attorney you spoke with was no better informed than I was, and it is his job to be so. His argument of vagueness allowing each City to saunter down the road with impunity in disregarding the Law is ludicrous. The statement that some do it this way, others can do it that way, just whatever they would care to decide is the Law is in my estimation an insult to your intelligence, and an admission that there is no adherence to a set of principals, i.e. anarchy. It appears that he considers his junta to be firmly in charge, and who cares what the general populace may desire, or what the Law actually says.

Public servants need to realize that they work for the Citizen, it is not the other way around. They are not our masters, and they are subject to not being re-elected should the fail to realize their station.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Butch Butler

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 pm

that councilman was billy jack cranford
Butch Butler

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 pm

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:46 pm

TCA 70-4-106 deals with Posting for trespassing.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby David Lewis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 am

David Lewis

Postby johnharris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Forgive me perhaps but sometimes I actually rejoice when we are, notwithstanding temporary deprivations of our rights as citizens, given the opportunity by the circumstances of the parks law, the restaurant law, and others to identify local elected officials who quite simply neither understand nor respect the Constitution of this state nor that of the United States (note the adjective and the plural noun).

Sure, it angers me that we have people elected who are of this mindset and degree of ignorance.

Sure, it disgusts me that we are predominately in this situation because sadly our education system is so fundamentally flawed that it fails to communicate clearly from one generation to the next the basic principles upon which this country was founded and initially thrived with minimal governmental intervention.

Sure, it irritates me that my rights are impaired and that I have to decide whether to restrict my travels and leisure based upon uninformed decisions from people elected to policy positions.

Notwithstanding all this despair, I find myself looking at this sad situation and nevertheless realizing that in time this issue and others like it are the tools that constitutionally minded conservatives need to weed out and defeat those who seeking leadership and authority but yet are unqualified to hold it.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Dustin Clark » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I also live in Union City and was also at the council meeting. The decision was obviously made prior to the meeting. I had also spoken to a council member the night before and i recieved almost the same speech only from Bill "Rat" Harrison. My father works at the local radio station and is also standing up for the rights of the H.C.P holders although he is not a permit holder himself. He and myself have both made the conclusion that we would not enter any of the areas that it is now illegal to carry in. Just thought I would express my thoughts
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government."
Thomas Jefferson

Michael Dustin Clark
Dustin Clark

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

We must always obey the law.

What we can do is elect other officials that will change it to the way it should be. The Legislature made it easy to opt out, it is just as easy to opt back in. New Councilmen, different results in a vote. All one council person has to do it put forth a Resolution calling for the opt-out to be changed, a vote and there you are!

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby J A P » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 am

J A P

Postby J A P » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 am

J A P

Postby Butch Butler » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Thank you for all the replies,I spoke with the mayor today and he told me if i could get one of the 4 that voted for the ban he would put back for another vote.I am trying to convince these people with facts not mythbut they dont listen to much.I am not going to let this go away.I just hope as many people write the paper and make the calls that have told me they would.
Butch Butler

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Way to stay after it!

We have to measure our success one step at the time.

We will see if your Union City DAILY MESSENGER will print my open letter to Mr. Billy Jack Cranford, I will mail them both the same day. If you could find an e-mail address for Mr. Cranford, that would be helpful.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby meadsteve » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 pm

The bill passed this year revised 39-17-1359 (as well as 1311)- it no longer applies to parks - the 1359 posting can not be used for parks, regulation is per 39-17-1311.

Steve Mead
meadsteve

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 pm

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Return to Legislation - Local