[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Williamson County officials mostly against guns in parks

Williamson County officials mostly against guns in parks

Discussion and planning relative to local legislation impacting firearms owners

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Williamson County officials mostly against guns in parks

Postby johnharris » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:32 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: Williamson County officials mostly against guns in parks

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

Its always the same lack of arguement, I am pro gun they say, , what they dont say is they are pro gun for my own self ,which is the reality, i trust me, but never you, because I am smarter and better than you. they have the same lazy lack of arguement , we must do it for the children!, just like at columbine?or virginia tech? they bear out no evidence to support their emotions, which is all it is. nothing but emotion ,over hyped fear of a law abiding citizen going postal and fear of losing power,it's all about control to the tyrant. had there been a law abiding parent or teacher at columbine with a permit to carry, that could have been a totally different outcome, criminals do not work within reason ,logic nor mercy. they do not select target area's based on your desire's,all area's everywhere are potential target area's , the only question remaining is will you be targeted while your unarmed?
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby Terry » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I still wonder, and always will, why do they all say "we don't want guns where children are likely to be" ? Of all the people in my life, MY CHILDREN are the ones that I have the greatest desire and obligation to protect !
And once again, it just sets up target zones for criminals, where they can commit their crimes with the least resistance, and best opportunity for success.
Terry

Postby ProguninTN » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:38 am

I will do what I can to oppose this. I was present when the commission considered Commissioner Green's proposal to post all county-owned properties. Fortunately, he pulled it. I am also sick of the "what about the children" arguments. It was because a faculty member, Joel Myrick, had a gun that lives were saved at Pearl HS in Pearl, MS. Guns should be allowed for the sake of the children. I also don't by Alderman McClendon's comment about athletic fields. The proverbial argument is that somebody upset with officiating will perpetuate a massacre. If that's truly a problem, then why not let level-headed persons carry ? Also, Alderman McClendon is an attorney. Perhaps he is familiar with cases such as Deshaney v. Winnebago County, Gonzalez v. Castle Rock, and others.
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Return to Legislation - Local