[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - 27 State organizations unite against Gun Control

27 State organizations unite against Gun Control

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

27 State organizations unite against Gun Control

Postby 1gewehr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/04/gun-o ... p-gun-ban/

I do not see the TFA listed? Are we going to join in this effort? I admit that working on something outside the state borders is beyond our normal activities. But it does seem like we should consider joining this coalition.
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Re: 27 State organizations unite against Gun Control

Postby sonofagun » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 am

My vote would be that we as the TFA support this.
sonofagun

Postby lostcause380 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with sonofagun. This should be supported in any way possible.
lostcause380

Postby sonofagun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 am

And after I said support it I did more reading and it looks like the coalition requires that any organizations that join give up control of their organization in support of the coalition. So if views aren't exactly the same, the coalition's views win out. It would be nice if they had an option to say "our members support the objectives of this coalition" without actually having to give up control of the TFA. I think they would see a lot more member groups join. The point is, now isn't the time for petty disputes (OC vs CC, "I'm a hunter so this isn't my fight" type stuff). All gun organizations need to band together for the common cause of unwavering support for the 2a as written. We have the numbers, we just all need to be voicing our opinions, loudly.
sonofagun

Postby John Sides » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 am

I feel that we (TFA) should support it also
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
John Sides

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 pm

I concur that we as an organization should join in this effort to instruct our Representatives.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby Idahoser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Idahoser

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:17 am

As a State organization, we will never give up our ability to state our case, directly, and as the issues affect us.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to Legislation - Federal