Legislation Introduced to Effectively Ban Online Ammo Sales

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Legislation Introduced to Effectively Ban Online Ammo Sales

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:49 pm

http://degette.house.gov/index.php?opti ... Itemid=227

DeGette and McCarthy Introduce Legislation to Effectively Ban Online Ammo Sales
Bill Would Also Require Reporting to Law Enforcement of Bulk Ammo Sales

WASHINGTON, DC– Last night, Rep. Diana DeGette (CO-1) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (NY-4) introduced new legislation to make the sale of ammunition safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder.

The bill, called the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act, will keep Americans safe by limiting the ability of people planning for mass murder to anonymously purchase unlimited quantities of ammunition through the Internet or other mail-order means. It would also require that ammunition dealers report bulk sales of ammunition to law enforcement.
(more at link)
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Legislation Introduced to Effectively Ban Online Ammo Sa

Postby sonofagun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am

Very strange. All my ammunition sits quietly in my safe. It has never tried to harm anyone, despite there being a lot of it. Anyways, I have brought it up before, popvox.com is a great site to look these bills up and email your reps and senators all at the same time. It also gives you some feedback on the current status of the bill in each house and how many other popvox users have supported or opposed the bill.
sonofagun

Return to Legislation - Federal