[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - H.R.822 -- National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

H.R.822 -- National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

H.R.822 -- National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

Postby redbarron06 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Re: H.R.822 -- National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

Postby David Lewis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Seems to me that Article IV, Section 1 of the US Constitution already covers that: "Full faith and credit...".

My Tennessee Driver's License is recognized in all other states, despite the requirements to obtain it being different in some respects
to those in other states.

Why should my permit not be equally recognized?

(OK, not jumping off into the "we don't need no stinkin' permits" debate...another time, another place, maybe...) :-)

David
David Lewis

Postby johnharris » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby David Lewis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Once more, slowly and in Southern English, please...

:mrgreen:

David
David Lewis

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm

ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby SubVetSS522 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Okay folks, I just learned of HR822 today and needed to see what you folks were thinking about the BILL, so I read your posts.

I phoned Open Line Channel 5+ during one of John’s appearances and asked him about the need for every state to recognize every other states permit and he pretty much blew me off and said something like, “don’t give the feds anymore power over the states”. This is not intended to be a direct quote from John but it is my understanding of what he said.

I didn’t like the answer then nor do I like it now, so I will and did contact my Congressmen and ask for their support for the BILL.

Now before you jump on SubVetSS522, let me make myself clear. My wife and I are retired and travel the good old USA. Last year we traveled through 16 states, 7,000 miles. For each state, I checked the local laws and finally decided, I carry my pistol most everywhere I go at home so I decided that I would take it everywhere I go when we travel. Now consider this, I take my cell phone too. Which would you rather have if you’re in trouble, you phone or your pistol? Let me tell you, there is no cell service for miles and miles out west so I’ll take my pistol anytime, and anywhere I go, if I get in trouble so be it I’ll call John.
SubVetSS522

Postby redbarron06 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Return to Legislation - Federal