[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - MS Outlook compatable mailing lists

MS Outlook compatable mailing lists

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

MS Outlook compatable mailing lists

Postby Bill » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 am

Does any one have or know of someone who has a Tennessee and Federal mailing list which is ready for use with MS Outlook?
I am overwhelmed with emails asking to send emails or faxes to our State and Federal Representatives if only I will pay $50 to $100. While I am in sympathy for most of these causes, I would rather send a unique piece of correspondence over my signature. I realize that I could look up each representative’s contact info but I am hoping that I could use a list that was already prepared.

Bill
Bill

Re: MS Outlook compatable mailing lists

Postby tnxdshooter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm

I know it is a bit late but I was unable myself to find these mailing lists so I had to go in and manually add them all to my address book. That way when ever I hit TN State Senators or TN State Representatives it does a reply all.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby David Lewis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Those might can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet, and then imported by others.

Seth, if you want to give it a try, PM me & let's see what we can come up with. I'll work with you to make it happen.

David
David Lewis

Postby RobertNashville » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:40 pm

If the suggestions so far doesn't work and/or you need some help; let me know...that kind of stuff is what I do for a living. :)
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby David Lewis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks, Robert!!!

I believe we have a volunteer!

:mrgreen:

David
David Lewis

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah,

Robert I to am a certified computer tech but could not find any online deals and unforunately when I tried to do the import on my profile for whatever reason and save all the settings to disk it worked for my wife but not me. Go figure, I had to format with kill disk and reinstall xp because the wife had gotten a virus on there with her damned online shopping. Thus, the need to back up.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 pm

I reckon they could be exported to a spread sheet. I have excel on my computer here. Let me see what I can come up with.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Okay I got it saved into excel. How do I put it on here?

I have both the csv saved to excel as well as a spread sheet with a list of all of em. I just realized that I dont use outlook because it is harder to manage identities on it but the csv I saved is out of Outlook Express. I would think it would work with either though.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 pm

CSV not allowed okay.

Lets try this

xls not allowed either.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby RobertNashville » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I use Outlook Express at home but do use Outlook at work.

Do you already have an list of names/email addresses in Excel? If so, than you should be able to import them from Excel into Outlook by first exporting the Excel file to a CSV format - do make sure you have meaningful column headings and this will allow you to map the fields form the CSV file to Outlook.

There is a lot of help available online about this but if you want me to help directly just shoot me a PM and we'll go from there!
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby tnxdshooter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I got the csv file saved into excel and have it emailed to david lewis. He is trying to figure out a way to put the cvs file on here for download so people can download it to their computer and then import it into their outlook/outlook express.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby David Lewis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Robert & Seth--

I appreciate both your efforts...Robert, if you want to work up some instructions on how to do a CSV or Excel import into Outlook, we'll need them, I'm sure.
The big issue is being able to upload a file of any type to have it available for downloading.

So far, I've run into the same problems as did Seth. When I get back home, I'll get back into it--later today.

David
David Lewis

Postby johnharris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

David

Send it to me. I can put it in the FTP download section and put a link up to it.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby tnxdshooter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder