Letter to Lamar Alexander relative to Koh Conformation

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Letter to Lamar Alexander relative to Koh Conformation

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Senator Lamar Alexander June 26, 2009
SD-455
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Alexander,

It is with a great deal of regret, that I must inform you that I will no longer be able to support you as a candidate for any office that represents me. The conformation vote for Harold Hongju Koh is the final straw.

Your desertion of the filibuster effort to preclude this gun grabber from achieving the intended position proposed is a major departure from the values that I hold sacred. Between him, Holder and Emanuel, the 2nd Amendment is now on life support, if in fact there is any heartbeat left in it at all.

I had been willing to forgive your move toward adoption of a liberal agenda till now, but this flagrant knife in the back of your constituents is so heinous as to be repugnant. It is not like you could by any stretch, believe that the majority of voters in the State of Tennessee would approve of this move. Had that been the case, President Obama would have carried TN. Did you for one moment stop and ask yourself what your constituents would want you to do in this instance?

If there is a venue of approach for recalling you from service, I will begin the paperwork Monday morning first thing.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to Legislation - Federal