[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - CAP AND TRADE !!!!!!!! NO,NO,NO, ATTENTION!

CAP AND TRADE !!!!!!!! NO,NO,NO, ATTENTION!

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

CAP AND TRADE !!!!!!!! NO,NO,NO, ATTENTION!

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:23 pm

the house is attempting to pass this back breaking bill currently, written by the tree hugging liberals, its all about global warming, power houses and industry will be held to unobtainable air cleanliness limits, and heavily fined when they are not met, which will be often, or there will be rolling blackouts, that's you without power, power rationing,, lovely, or the pass the price on to you, thats right folks, skyrocketing heating and electric bills!!, they say it will provide green jobs, its shown thru research in uhhh, help me , maybe argentina, not sure, another country, anyway for every one job it creates,low paying ones at that, it kills two jobs,,, they are trying to pass it , as i type, there is filibustering going on now, by a rational representative,,, but they are only one or two votes from passing it!!!!!,, i called, i emailed, you can look up your rep, mine is cooper,,, but call, this will cost you and me,,, not millions ,,, but billions!!!!!, just short of a trillion!!!, I thought we were already in debt,,weren't we??,,

White house switchboard number in D.C.-202-456-1414

ACT NOW!!!!!, TOMORROW IS TOO LATE, HE IS FILIBUSTERING NOW TO STALL FOR YOUR CALLS
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Re: CAP AND TRADE !!!!!!!! NO,NO,NO, ATTENTION!

Postby falcon1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:25 pm

I emailed Bart Gordon's office yesterday, and my wife has been attempting to get through to the Capitol switchboard all day. Evidently there are a lot of people calling.
falcon1

Postby redbarron06 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 pm

It passed and Jim Cooper voted for it. We have some represenitives that need new jobs.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:57 pm

I just saw, obama has been strong arming the reps , dragging them in his office , we need to stop it in the senate!!!, and yes, i will be sending a scathing letter to cooper

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby johnharris » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Cooper really does not care what we want. He is rich. He has ivy league degrees. He thinks he is smarter and that is more important that what his constituents want. He is "taking" care of us because we are too stupid to understand.

Kick his butt out.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Did that ***hat Tanner vote for it as well? I can only imagine that he did, as he has his nose shoved all the way with Pelosi.

This will be the final nail in the coffin of Manufacturing and Construction in the US. Farming is going to take a 50% hit to profit as well.

If this passes in the Senate, and I hold no hope that it will not, (what with the traitor Alexander and his ilk in a position of power over our lives), this day will be remembered as the real Black Friday!

Folks over the age of accountability at the time of the occurrence of the death of John Kennedy, the first man to step onto the moon, and the passage of Cap and Trade will always remember where they were when they learned of the happening.

Checked the roll call, Tanner was smart enoguh, and worried enough about his farm based district to vote No. First time this year he has broken tryst with Pelosi.

I sure hope this fails in the Senate.
Last edited by C. Richard Archie on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 pm

first off, i dont believe for a second we did land on the moon, according to scientists of recent we should have the technology to do it in twenty years,,, odd statement hey?,,, and yes, it is the beginning of the end of democracy, I've been saying all along, we have more to worry about that, will come back later to affect our second amendment, our government is becoming super overgrown and infiltrated by liberals, willing to sell their own grandmother for a profit, if it passes there will be a lot of wealthy congressmen, check their portfolio's, watch glen beck and lou dobbs,, at least you get the truth,, both sides of it, not one.I've already started my letters to my senators, and will begin calling the white house monday at nine am eastern,where's patrick henry when you need him, i suspect he is within all who are willing.

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby redbarron06 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Didnt we have a proposal for a no cap and trade in TN up in the state last session, or was that just no micro stamping. I do not understand how these a$$ hats that are in congress can even begin to think that some of the things in these bills are constitutinoal. In the 300 page ammendment of this bill (which was dropped at 9 minutes after 3 this morning) there is a requirement that all new home construction in the US, be IAW California building standards. WTH is up with that. Personaly I think we should have every one of the reps from TN that voted for this arrested when they get off the plane tonight by TSP for breech of public trust, failure to uphold the sworn oath, conduct unbecoming and jaywalking at the freaking airport. What ever it takes to gets these dumb asses out of office is what we need to do. And it needs to be very clear to the 2 Senators from TN that the same fate will await them if they vote for it.

I would like to meet with any TN rep that met with Obama about this bill and ask him who the hell he works for the president of the people of TN?

If this gets through the Senate we will need to start coming up with a different plan to secure our libertyand the future of our children.

Gun Owners of America
redbarron06

Postby falcon1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:48 am

falcon1

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Constitutional Convention-Term Limits!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby backwoodsman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 pm

constitutional convention with citizen oversight,! as much as they don't trust us, i distrust them double!! I haven't heard back from cooper, but I wrote him a rip snortin a** chewing letter, however since they seem to have no conscience, he'll probably have no problem sitting down to count the money their stealing from us!

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 pm

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby johnharris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 am

Exact same email I received this morning. Jim Cooper is a disgrace in the concept of a representative government. He needs to be eliminated from office and the only way that is going to happen is if we work to do so.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 am

Somebody correct me but I thought it was Jim Coopers job to represent US not the president, or presidental canidates.

Other than waiting for the next election can we file suit for not representiing those that elected him in accordance with our wishes. After all WE hired him WE are his boss.

Gun Owners of America
redbarron06

Postby backwoodsman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:55 pm

to the best of my knowledge ,all we can do is use media, and protest him in force, rather in numbers, so the public has this brought to their attention, however , John , I defer to your legal expertise.

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby backwoodsman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 am

I have a response ,from Corker,none from Alexander yet concerning CAP AND TRADE, and while we're on the subject, socialized medicine? its another money grab, government run, have you ever used government services or been in the military, It is like throwing slop to the hogs, madness ,confusion,scrambling,zero compassion, fighting for scraps, it is no blessing,I guess the best example of how the government handles things for civilians, and i am one now,but a veteran all the same,is Hurricane Katrina, perfect example,there will be favoritism,selecting,ignoring,rejecting,iron fist control, it will not be good, however concerning CAP AND TRADE,return letter from Corker as follows:

Dear Mr. Cash,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office to share your concerns about
climate change legislation. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

As you know, I did not support the climate change legislation considered in the Senate in the previous Congress. Instead of being about climate security, and instead of being about something that really drives us toward using technologies that would cause our country to be energy secure, this bill in fact ended up being about money. This bill would have doled out trillions of dollars to various industries and organizations and forced hard-working Americans to pay more for gasoline, more for electricity, more for food, and more for everything they buy.

I didn't think it was possible, but the Waxman-Markey climate bill appears to be even more problematic than the climate bill considered in the Senate last spring. I don't know of many special interests that don't receive a pay-off in this legislation, and if it comes to the Senate floor in this form, I'll vote against it.

It is likely the Senate will return to climate change in some form later this fall, and I appreciate your concerns regarding a cap and trade or carbon tax bill. I assure you I will continue to remain an active participant in this debate, and the insight you've given here will certainly help my staff and me prepare for future discussions on this issue.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Return to Legislation - Federal